translate

Thursday 14 January 2016

WHERE AM I, WHERE DO I GO BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WHERE AM I, WHERE DO I GO

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Am I really here?

It feels like a different atmosphere

The air is so thick its suffocating me

 Like a blanket over my head I can’t see

Hands on my ears deafening me

Elastic bands preventing me from walking

Wool pushed down my throat stopping me from talking

A knife in my heart so twisted

I’m deep in a hole then get lifted

I screamed leave me there but whoever insisted

My shell just existed

My mind resisted

My soul was stolen

Down a hill kept rolling

Whilst my heart was consoling

That fist was controlling

Did I die?  

Well, dead, am I?

People just don’t hear me

Don’t see me

Don’t feel the pain I suffer

Look past me

Ignore me

This isn’t me I’m another

Who am I?

I cry

My tears are rusty old from another world

Same eyes of blue hair of gold

I write my name in bold

Look at me now

I want to say

But don’t know how

Being pulled along a dirt track

Knees of black

Palms so red

Lies I’m constantly fed

Days I dread

Nights are crazy

 My head is full of words so lazy

Thoughts of lay abouts

Silent voice I can’t shout

Caught in between two worlds

Going back are the coals and forward pearls

But trying to walk there someone pulls

Like a puppet someone is working my strings

I feel the phone ringing but don’t hear the bell that rings

I know someone is at my door but can’t open it

I don’t belong here I just don’t fit

Exhausted I just need to sit

But there is no chair

No one to help

Nobody is there

Stuck here or there

Just need to share

Ask to be shown the way

To wake up to a sunny day

Where paths are clear

There is no word as fear

And hands held out to me from all who are dear

 

 Copyright Fiona Cummings

No comments: