translate

Wednesday 13 January 2016

painting the town part one


Good morning Dearest Bloggets. I’m up silly time again. Waiting for the painter. He’s late. I just really hope he comes today? I’m sure he will. I have confidence he will come and do a great job of my little what was broom cupboard, / office now going to be. Em. Not sure what room. Oh, here is an odd sounding car. Could be him? IsItIsItIsItIsIt?

ItWasItWasItWas!

 

Since writing the above. He has entered the building. The house already has the pungent aroma, not. Of cigarettes. He told me he now has a new van. “It’s all done out like a police van.”

 He has told me his right arm he can’t bend. To which my reaction was. “Are you right handed?” He said yes. Oh, great. Good start. I told him it was the room without a door. He got to the top of the stairs and shouted. “Which room?”

Oh.

 It’s going to be a long day.

 

He was due at eight and he arrived at twenty to nine. It’s now nine. After talking for five minutes he left the house to quotes get his stuff. Well, so far took him fifteen minutes to get his stuff…. Has he driven back home to get it?

 

Waggatail is crying and our bird is singing. Teen sleeping, not for long I think as soon the little plug in radio will be blasting. Poor teen. He came home last night with a key for a filing cabinet. Today he had to get up at six to take it all the way back two hours’ drive there and back  to hand over a key? Crazy. So now he is on his day off hoping to sleep. Lucky lad.

 

You know I thought I was unfit, but when I hear workmen going up and down my stairs, they walk so slowly and as if in pain. I run up like a mad woman. I wonder why I run upstairs. I have done it since a child. I don’t know of any other adult that does it. Hahheheheh. Must ask around my friends.

 

So no heating on and door opening and closing all day. But, hey, my room is going to get done at last after four years almost. The lady with the carpet shop, remember last week’s blog? Well she phoned me up again with her really funny voice and tone; oh I so need to learn how to produce videos on here to do impressions of my people, Haha. Words just don’t justify. Well, she called me yesterday and said the carpet was ready. Funny as she told me late last Friday that it would be five to seven working days. Oh never mind, shame my room wasn’t done on Monday the day it was meant to be done then tomorrow I could have the carpet down then at the weekend Hub could help me to put the stuff back. Mind you, we don’t have a robe to put the clothes in, I guess that would be a good idea, to get that sorted? How? Not sure. Furniture you have to see, as you need to know how they open and close. So much furniture these days are so rubbish and when opening drawers and so on, they almost fall in your hand and doors look like they are going to snap off. We will have to pay more money as we can’t assemble as really we have done in the past and the stress? As now days they make furniture into a jigsaw providing you with pieces that don’t make sense. I could ask teen to come with me. As I need a curtain poll too? I will have to measure that with my tactile tape.

 May be there for a while.

 Then if teen will come with me I will get discount off the shop he works at in this area. If teen won’t help, Hub and I will have to take a taxi there and back as it is across that evil road and in the industrial park, well, as a blind person, industrial parks are a nightmare for us. All of our shops here are that kind of layout. For my Bloggets who don’t know what these are, they are like a factory lay out where the huge buildings without soul are scattered all around with no sense to them or their plans. No straight lines no kerbs most of the time either and not always a safe environment. And we have great things in there. We have coffee shops, cafes restaurants, furniture shops cinema and ten pin bowling alley. But all look like they were once factories. Not from the inside but the out.

 

Hub has learned how to get to the cinema, though we have not done it on our own yet. We went with the girls if you remember on New Year’s Eve.  It’s hard. Building after building space after space and cars just put in crazy places. One restaurant has tables and chairs outside right over a tactile section of the path.

 

OK, painter just comes in. I’m not happy. It’s now twenty past nine and though I told him teen was in bed, the radio is blasting. It’s just bloody rude. If it was ten even or if I had not said he has been up since six and just got back to bed, but no, he knows all of that. Gosh, some people. Well, he is a good painter, not to everyones taste. I recommended him to a lady who said he was great painter but she wouldn’t have him back as he looks dodgy. Hahaha. I must say, I can’t see his face, but I hear his voice and now I have a description of him, I know why he talks the way he does. Bless him. He has a very sad past and I get to hear about it every time he comes. He has even said that he thinks of me as a counsellor. Only after he leaves, I, need a counsellor.

 

I will write another blog in a mo. Jo about a deep debate Hub and I had last night. Hmm. Interesting. Meanwhile I shall go and make my painter a cup of coffee. Strong black and five sugars if I remember rightly. Ps. why is he using a hammer in my room? X

No comments: