translate

Thursday 7 January 2016

WHAT A LET DOWN


Slovakia, Canada, UK, Germany, Hong Kong, US, India, Netherlands, Australia and Sweden are in the top ten this evening and earlier I saw South Africa had been here. Once again welcome it’s great to see old and new friends. My Bloggets are growing we are really doing well this year. Remember before Christmas I was so hopeful that we would make it to the huge number of one hundred thousand views? You didn’t let me down; we smashed that before the New Year. Two days before. So since then we have had fifteen hundred views. I have received some wonderful emails from you. I will answer them I promise. I’m so busy with the house right now, but managing to answer a couple each day.

 

Oh, did you read my earlier blog on my house? Hmm. I was as excited as everything was coming into place. Our electrician I have been trying to get out since September even August perhaps, he promised he would come out before Christmas. No. Then he forgot after Christmas so yesterday he said one hundred per cent he would come out today. Hub has been working so hard in the room / office in our house. We threw out so much rubbish in preparation. You should see the light in there? The wires are hanging all over from the Ceiling and it is so dangerous. We needed to take down a robe, the desk that was Hubs from our old house he used to use a lot with all of his equipment he had from his last job. Well, we don’t need that it’s almost the size of a double bed back to front. We had some things to hang on the wall, a picture, clock and mirror.       Also the door from the office can come off its hideous.

 

The guy hadn’t turned up. I text him. He forgot to come. I was furious. If I hadn’t have phoned, he wouldn’t have told us. We were waiting like fools. I took time to count the money I hate that as to me tens and twenties look alike. Anyway, long and short of it, He said he would come next Thursday. I said no good as we have arranged for the man to come and paint; we needed electric boxes moved before the paint as it will need plastering. We need the door off for the carpet the carpet man won’t just come back another day because he can’t get his act together. Also we have already paid the council money to come and take away the robe desk and other rubbish. They are not just waiting for me to change my mind?

 

Well, we were so annoyed. Next thing I know, Hub is banging and lifting. I went to help him we have no tools, so good old knife came out. Scratched fingers hand but robe outside. You should have seen us trying to get almost seven feet of robe doors down the curly stairs. A huge desk needed disassembling too. I was shattered I sat with a coffee and next thing I know, Hub comes through the living room. I asked what on earth he had. Answer, the office door.

What? How? He said he was so cross he found the strength and ability to do it all. Then bless our lovely neighbour,  he came and took the last couple of bits down the stairs for us, as he saw us carrying stuff outside.  Now all on the drive. I just hope the council will take it all. We are letting the neighbourhood down now, as we look like a scrap yard. Haha.

 

I’m furious still with our electrician but most of the work is done and teen said he would hang the picture, clock and mirror up for us as we today bought a new drill and screw driver. If we go through a water pipe, it would be typical, but we have no choice. Mind you, I’m not hopeful teen will do this though.    See our electrician is a good guy normally. But he has so much work on now as it’s his own business, we are small fish. And to be fair, he is an electrician not a handy man though over the years when he was starting his business, he was grateful for the work we gave him.  And we were grateful for him. I just need a great handy man I can trust.

 

No comments: