translate

Saturday 16 January 2016

DIARY OF MY SATURDAY


Good morning afternoon or evening wherever my Dear Bloggets are. Hello to my in law in Australia? Sounds like you are settling in there. Two more weeks to go before our brother joins you. I don’t even want to think about it. Life without you both down the road is too painful but, if you are both going to be happy, I’m happy for you!

 

It’s three in the afternoon here. This is the first time I have had to sit down today. Hub and I have been busy. We have prepared the dinner for tonight. Turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes carrots and sprouts. Hub will make thick, rich turkey gravy too for him and our Son. I’m having a vegetarian roast.

 

The Little Fella got wrong this morning as our shower, the shower I was having, came dripping through the ceiling. We have had this trouble for a year on and off now, but now, it’s worse than ever. We paid a lot of money to get it done when we first moved here but sadly, we were well and truly conned.

 

Our sofa was soaked so Hub came running upstairs to tell me to turn it off. Great, during washing my hair? Well, whilst he was telling me that, LF got into the kitchen, well, Hub caught him with two paws on the work tops. Luckily we hadn’t started to cook and the turkey was still in the oven from being cooked very late last night, we turned off the oven well after the pumpkin hour.

 

So I had to come down stairs clean every single bench over and over again, just to make sure there were no doggy paw germs. Because he got wrong, LF that is, not Hub. He was all sad. So when Hub took to our lovely dog run to clean, I told him he was a naughty boy, and showed him the kitchen tops then gave him a sneaky cuddle. He wrapped his skinny long leg around my wrist and turned his head sideways to cuddle in. So loving. So naughty. Smile.

 

I made sure he was backing his bed for when Hub came back in….. I, mean, he’s a working dog don’t you know? Ahhahaha.

 

Now with teens work, they have asked him to go even further afield. I am so cross with his company, but teen is fine with it and looking forward to it. Now he has to travel an hour and a half away from two weeks’ time. He will have a store to himself it’s brand new and up to him what he does with it he has to totally stock it and arrange what goes where. I must say, they really are trusting him and I guess its great experience and good for him to do. But three hours in the banger of a car? My God, the elastic band will ping one of these days. He is due his MOT in three weeks, no way will it pass, he has already been told this, and you should see the list? I have told him never ever to even think about buying a car from his Father this should teach him what kind of person that man is to hand over a car  with two years of dodgy MOT and very poor breaks  almost a hundred thousand miles now on the clock. His headlights aren’t working and there is a light on all of the time. Within the first couple of weeks the exhaust had to be replaced and then almost £500 worth of work after that. I think teen knows not to go there again.

 

I never ever thought my ex would do that kind of dirty trick. I know he is low, but I did trust him on the car thing. It’s a shame as if it was legal and in working order, it would be a lovely car. It’s so comfortable. It belonged to my ex-husbands Nephew and I know that teen gets on well with him. But his father really should have made sure his Son should have had a safe car just proves that he doesn’t care about anyone other than himself, nothing has changed. Shame really. No lessons have been learned. He will grow to be a very sad lonely old man. With no one in his life and that isn’t what I wanted for him. I kind of hoped that he would learn that he had done so wrong in his past and learn.

 

I have just received a phone call from some PPI people. The fifth time this week and I have asked them to remove my number and they won’t. They fill me with rubbish. They tell me I am entitled to five thousand  pounds a yet, they don’t know my name or address. They leave a phone number when I go into my phone details but when I try to call them, it gets cut off.

 

I can still smell paint from our room. Hub and I were in there last night measuring I’m excited about it all. You should see the guest room though? Good job our girls or our friends are not coming? I guess we have sofas if they needed urgent sleepovers. Haha.

 

I love our house so much but that road at the back will be our killer and I don’t just mean the noise or the pollution, but yesterday I fell on it with my friend and the cars were too close for comfort. I have had nightmares about it all night and today a shiver crawls over me as I think of what could have happened. My ribs today and sides are so sore and my knee is like a balloon my knuckles are all cut and my hands are scratched. My ankles are swollen and bruised too. What a state? But each time I hear the cars, I so shiver.

 

The council wrote to Hub yes day via email, saying it would cost £40,000   to put a crossing in there. They said when Hub asked for a speed restriction as there is no way the cars only do 40mph, the council replied, it would cost too much as all the signs would have to be changed and the guy admitted that the cars do on average fifty miles per hour. Well, where are the Police? They could make a fortune on fined, I just don’t get it.

 

They will wait for someone to die before anything is done, and no one around here is bothered as they all drive and it’s easy if you have a car. I mean people in our street drive to get across the road, no one walks. So if it doesn’t bother them they don’t care about anyone else. I am really surprised that the school doesn’t do anything as the road is right next to the playground. A child could quite easily get out of the gates. Onto the road, it’s awful to think about such a thing, but I know the council said for twenty years now that road has been getting asked by public to put something there, but obviously one person per year as if it was a lot of people, then surely something would be done?

 

Hub and I have said that next Christmas we were not going to buy any sweets at all. The chocolates this year we have not enjoyed any of them, As for Christmas cakes? Well, one went in the bin, the other got half eaten and the third one is open and that was allegedly a luxurious one, and we have all said it has no flavour. Cherries are meant to be in, but where? Alcohol is meant to be in the ingredients, but I think the bottle must have flown over the mixture, as we can’t smell it or taste it. Nuts? Really? Where?

 

Tomorrow a man is coming to make a cupboard in our hall way. Let’s see how much he is going to quote? I think the price will shock us both, so I doubt it will get done.

 

Our bird, canary, he’s Irish you know? Smile. Is happily eating on some sweetcorn. He loves it.

 

OK will go for now, I have three poems to write today for people for valentine’s day and at some point this week a wedding poem. So until later I hope you smile today and your heart feels love. Hugs x

No comments: