translate

Tuesday 12 January 2016

THE MEANING OF LIFE


This blog I hope will make you think deep into your soul. There is not a chance on earth we are here by accident. The way in which all of human organs work and the way animals are for example. How our bodies just know what to do and to have the ability to know how much of whatever we need. A plant for example. Forget the seed that is too deep and beyond my intelligence. We plant the seed in a particular way and this for me to say is a joke as you may know of the history of my house plants? Let’s say you may do what you need to do to get the seed into a small plant which will with our help, grow to be a large house plant or one for the garden. It will survive with our care. We will water and repot if necessary give plant food to it and so on. The same way in my opinion our maker does this for us. Hence the rain, the sun and so on. We are a tiny plant in the pot of life.

 

 My deep blogs on how we became, are blogs of my past. Long have gone the days when I had time to try to explain my crazy beliefs when it comes to religion and how we are here. So this moves me onto Karma. Even the word Karma, there is something mystical about that don’t you think?

 

 So, what is Karma?

Karma is the law of moral causation. The theory of Karma is a fundamental doctrine in Buddhism.  This belief was prevalent in India before advent of the Buddha.    

 

Do you ever wonder, or ask. “Why me? What is the cause of inequality that exists among mankind? Why should one person be brought up with the lap of luxury, endowed with fine mental, moral and physical qualities, and another in absolute poverty, steeped in misery? Why should one person be a mental prodigy, and another person with the mental ability below the average person? Why should one person be born with saintly Characteristics, and another with criminal tendencies? Why should some be linguistic, artistic, mathematically inclined, or have the ability to be able to learn and play music from a very young age? Why should others be congenitally blind, deaf or look different to the quote average person on the highstreet?  Why should some be blessed and others cursed from their cradle or even in the womb.

 

All this inequality of mankind has a cause, some would say reason, but to say it’s purely accidental no sensible person would think about attributing this unevenness, this inequality and this diversity to chance or accident!

 

Some believe we are traced to a proximate or remote past birth. According to Buddhism, this inequality is due not only to heredity environment, “Nature and nurture” but also to Karma.

           

It is when looking back at my life, I wonder if I was a truly bad person in my past? And why now do I still feel I am getting punished? Life for me now is totally different to what it was some years ago, but to get here, I have suffered. So do we ask our maker for forgiveness? Then will all be alright? Well I did this I do it and I make promises. I am convinced when I do this, and carry out my duties, I am in a very minuscule way, repaid with kindness. Though takes so long to feel the benefits.

 

So do we create our own heaven and hell? We are the architects of our own fate. I read today (Sweet Karma) “Earth is merely a canvas for our imagination” well, what if our mind is a paintbrush and we paint our very own destiny? What if we don’t have the ability to find our colours of life? Perhaps we think too deeply and should start off very small. Paint a thin line. If it is slightly wavy, try again. I’m of course talking in a metaphorical manner.

 

The law of Karma, important, well for sure interesting though it is, is only one of the twenty four conditions described in Buddhist philosophy.

Processes of consciousness, arising and perishing of consciousness, constituents power of mind etc. including telepathy, telaesthesia, retro cognition, premonition, clairvoyance, and such other psychic phenomena which are inexplicable to modern science.  So, again, what is Karma? All good and bad actions I believe is Karma. I guess one of my favourite sayings. “What goes around comes around.” I do believe that. Do you?

No comments: