translate

Tuesday 12 January 2016

DIARY OF THE EMU AND THE DRONE


I’m so hungry not sure what to make for dinner. Meant to make tuna steak last night. Well, it was from the freezer. So turned out to be salmon. OK? Salmon, tuna, whatever still is fish, and the boys loved it. I bought loads of gateau’s and cheese cakes for Christmas for when the girls came and went into the freezer last night to put away some shopping and found that they of course were all still there. Loads of cakes. I forgot them over the holiday. The freezer in the garage wasn’t big enough to host our Christmas food, so had to buy another smaller one for our house because of our turkey; Smile. OK, again, bought the turkey on line. Weights of foods don’t make sense to me. So it was enormous, right? Haha haha. Seriously, it was like an emu. Did you know that the Australian Emu can run or travel I should say up to 30 miles per hour? And they can grow as tall as 6 feet two inches. Yep, this was our turkey.

 

So it’s not that we don’t have food in, just the stress of trying to find some foods that I recognise. This is why I like to buy fresh food, though looking at our freezer right now, you wouldn’t think that. Gosh a world where you touched the food box and it read to you what it is? I know you can buy something called a Pen friend. But what a faff?

 

It’s going to be dark soon, it makes no difference to me but of late I have been spooked going to the garage in the dark. Apart from traffic, at nights, it’s so quiet in our avenue of all sorts I just don’t like going out there at night. It’s dark here at about four now. Then not light I don’t think till perhaps almost eight? To be honest I have forgot to ask teen what time its light in the mornings now. We have three long months of dull dark weather. I hate that damp feeling but again I’m lucky as some not too far from me have had their entire houses flooded, and had to move out. Some have no insurance as they couldn’t afford it as last time they were flooded the insurance went up so much. Funny isn’t it how its law for to have car insurance but not house? I know if you are driving and you hit someone you are covered, but what if you have a house fire? a leak or something else?

 

Well, going back to shopping for groceries. We get most of our shopping delivered. Oh if you had been here last night? No words would justify the delivery man, but let’s say I have not laughed as much in years. Teen and I were creased up as Hub answered the door. And what made it more comical, as teen went up the stairs, I hid from the front door next to the stairs, he bent slightly over head on my shoulder as he laughed out of control. He was wearing a hood. In the house? He looked ridiculous. I asked him through tears of joy, why? No answer, he was too busy laughing at the delivery man’s situation.

 

Oh, all I can say it was the way he spoke to Hub. And the manner in which Hub spoke back. It was so dry the guy at the door was a crazy man. Hub said he was a little fearful as could have lost the plot if he, the delivery man heard teen and I laugh. Oh I couldn’t do anything else though. The guy said the name of my Hub after every single word. Not joking, every single word. Firstly we got a call from him saying he was a head of time? Yeah, got that mate, like one hour and forty minutes?  I can understand if they are fifteen minutes, or half an hour, but almost two hours?

 

He was a creepy guy and insisted that he came into the house. Hub said no, we have two dogs. And he brought the first lot of shopping in and on his return the guy was in the porch. I personally don’t like the guys who come. But last nights? He was simply hilarious. Again, you had to be there. Hehehehehehehahahhaahohohohoh.

 

Alright, I’m now going to moan but not sure who I could call to complain? Drones. Even the word drone, is not a pleasant one. We normally think of them as hostile military vehicles striking targets in distant conflict zones, but civilian unmanned aerial vehicles flying over our properties? And remember you can get cameras for them too to take pictures of you relaxing on your sun bed or just collecting a cabbage for culinary cravings, in other words an invasion on your privacy. Well, obviously people got them for Christmas around here as on our field the noise? Either that or an airport has come to the all sorts avenue. I don’t like them. The noise is dreadful and they start in the morning at about nine and continue till its dark. What with the traffic on our back road and now this? I really have a headache. It’s the repetitive sounds they make. So who has them? I wouldn’t have said young people as they are up to early. So older than teens. We should not be allowed to own them. I can’t see the benefits. A law please?

 

OK, will go for now, Hub on way back but has to catch train from Peterborough today so will be later. Teen working till late. Guess it gives me time to think about dinner? You know what they say, it’s the thought that counts… x

No comments: