translate

Monday 11 January 2016

I NEED A PUNCH BAG


Good morning Bloggets. Up early today to see Hub off to work and take breakfast before our painter arrives. Already he is late, but I did get confirmation last night he was coming so that is great news.

 

Hub and I gutted we are to be apart today for the first day in three weeks. Three weeks what should have been a relaxing holiday. Oh well, never mind.

 

Hub has put on weight as have I. It is our goal to lose it, but my Bloggets will know that I have been saying that for a while, but each time I tell you this, I really mean it. I’m not sure what goes wrong in the meanwhile. Hub has put on almost a stone so 14lbs and me, eight lbs. Thing is, we have lots of chocolate and sweets left over. We have been giving it away but not enough. We did or I, did say that we shouldn’t buy chocolate this year or sweets, and then Hub discovered huge quantity dot com, hehehe, joking, but he did buy me a kilo of chocolate raisins which sadly all went in the bin. Why? They were gross. I can’t hide it. Even Hub tried them and it was him who suggested that their destiny should be the tub with the lid. The chocolate was disgusting not even like dog chocolate. I’m not sure what it was. The raisins were worse. I received a kl of fudge too. I still have three quarters of that left. And one and a half kl of jelly beans. There all gone. Each jelly bean is four calories.

 I have turned the heating off so the painter can do the radiator. There are so many things I need to remember to tell him. If you don’t tell what you want doing, it gets left.

 

I must move the ornamental bird I have on the windowsill as our canary, he’s Irish you know, smile, and is flirting with it. I put it there last year and he did the same. And this year he is worse. Oh and so loud. I love it but other people don’t like it at all. Only time I don’t like him screeching, sorry, singing, is when we are trying to talk to people.

 

Not long now before my bro in law is off to Australia. His partner is there already I hope settling in but I think it may take a year to do that, as normally that is how long it takes people to feel at home. I still can’t believe they are doing this. I keep kind of hoping that it will be a long holiday and they will be back, but I guess who can blame them as really, England is going downhill fast.  Once the best country in the world to live, now? Nope. Such a shame. I think most people will say that about their country it’s perhaps a sign of the times, but it’s too fast and in a bad way.

 

Mind you Australia has seven out of ten of the most deadly creatures on the planet, not sure about that. So what country would I live in? Gosh, Canada? Perhaps. I love Italy too and my memory of the South of France last year was or is, stunning, but my language of French? Is rather poor in fact extremely poor. Germany? Again, sadly I think is turning into a bit of a dark place to live. Angela Merkel has to eat her words right now. Did you know she used to be a research scientist? I wonder what she researched. I would normally now check that out, but it’s so early and after three hours sleep forgive me if I don’t.  I do know she is about 62. Gosh, I hope my facts are correct and I haven’t offended her?

 

 

Oh wait for this Bloggets, my phone just rang. It was the painter. He’s not coming. His car broke down. I could cheerfully scream right now. What is wrong with these people? Off to find a punch bag. X

No comments: