translate

Saturday 9 March 2013

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS?


OK, my day so far, worked in the house today, as has my Husband. My teen, is high life shopping with Bunches, via train ride. I wondered what she had enticed him to buy? I did not expect this? He sent me a text, saying,

“Hi Mum, I have bought a car. It is dark blue, has fifty thousand miles on the clock, two owners and it was only £700.”

Whilst I had to catch my heart from my  mouth, and quickly put it back, through the same way that it found itself leaving my body, I anxiously, sent him a text back, saying,

“You better be joking Son?”

“I, am, Mum!” Was his return.

Then I got so fed up, I was bored, my Waggatail was getting on my nerves, as she was suffering from deep and for everlasting boredom too, so I put on my coat, got all her things ready and popped on my shoes. Off we went with plastic in pocket.

I took a bus to the town, went to the train station, bought a ticket for  Newcastle, and began my journey back home.

On the train, the person with the trolley came around. I stuffed my face with everything I was not to have, or should not have.

I drank fine coffee and started  chatting to  a young man next to me.

He started off by asking all about my dog. Then he told me, he normally travels in first class, but the prices were getting ridiculous, so for the sake of coming back home to the Northeast for only one night, he was “Roughen it.

Charming?

Oh we talked and when he asked me what I did for a living, well, that was it, we were at one with life.

We spoke for an hour and when it was time for me to get off the train, he asked if he could give me a lift, as his  Fathers Limacine, was to pick him up.

With a driver, I presumed?

You know what? I would never do such a thing, but I was having a free day.

  He asked where I was going? I told him I didn’t know.    He then said, that I should go to his Fathers hotel, in the middle of town. It was a spa and I should have a night of luxury.

Pocket with plastic money, I thought,

“Why not.

Oh the car was so lovely and he did not mind me having Waggatail either, though  she was great, just sat on the floor in the front.

The car pulled up and I wondered what on earth I was doing? My new friend, was greeted at the door and a gentleman took my arm.

“Hoy, bring it back, I need that?”

Ha, silly me, only joking. Anyway, I was lead into a room on the fifth floor. Wow,  you should have seen it? My shoes sank into the plush carpet. The smell of leather and fine pine, was wonderful. The heat from the lamps  were cosy and as my arm holding Waggatail swept the curtains, I knew I was in a hotel of serious money.

Just then, I had palpitations, how on earth was I going to pay for this?

The man asked me if I would like a seat? I sat in this beautiful chair. With high arms to hold me tight. A velvet cushion gave me warmth from the bitter day outside.

Though it was a short walk from the car to the hotel, the station was freezing.

An ice bucket was brought in, with a bottle of champagne, and my friend poured some for me, handed me the finest glass of crystal and we toasted a lovely night. He then was handed a guitar, and out of the blue, began to sing. What a wonderful voice.

Then I woke up. I must have had forty winks on our couch at home.

Dam.

So I went to our local shop and bought some butter, and chocolate.

Waggatail, walked me up someone’s drive, right to their door, then streight into a conifer bush. Oh God I was soaked.

But she didn’t almost kill me this time and we got  home safely.

What a shame it was a dream hey?

One day, one day.

x

No comments: