translate

Monday 4 March 2013

BANG INTO THE BANK BLIND


Hello Bloggets, what a day? Hub had the day off so we were to go to town at last and visit our bank. It would be Waggatails first visit to town, so I did not know how she would cope? I was so anxious an yet really excited. We gave BB a treat before we left and tried to sepperate all of the three dogs from BB’s treat.

We only waited for a bus for about five minutes then Hubs clever IPhone, told us with the help of the application” Get bus” which doesn’t work in some areas but works in ours, it beeps to say a bus will come within two minutes. I went on first and found a seat, with the help of the sweet people on the bus, really they are so friendly and helpful around here. The busses here are always full too!

It amazes me, how many people get on and don’t get off? Ha. I mean, where  do they all go? It’s as though they get on at the front and off at the back without us knowing? But I know there is no door at the back so they must just all sit on each other’s knees? Well, I did say they were a friendly bunch?

We got to the town and then the really hard work started. Oh God Waggatail was a nightmare, but Guide dogs  did tell me not to use her in the town? OK, that is all very well, but how do we go to the bank?

Well we found it, Hub was a pro, I was a useless wreck. Oh in the bank,  the staff in there, have to be the most unintelligent people ever? When you go in, they ask you to  follow them…. How?

By listening them nervously laughing?

Oh and when it comes to finding a chair? Ha, that is so funny?

Oh well we did what we had to do, then on the way back, Hub told me to wait at the top of the street for him whilst he went to the shop?

Oh time for me to people listen, and I really enjoyed it.

It was a calm day, but chilly. A couple of business men passed by talking about the finance manager finishing people at work, two young girls stood next to me, talking about how no one at work would own up to doing it? Doing what? Not sure, but whatever it was, they were not going to own up to it? Hahahaha. Really I felt so old? The girls were about twenty? With so much on their shoulders?

 All  of the footsteps passing me by. Clunk click. Some high heels obviously killing them as the ladies walked by. I could tell in the way their small footsteps  barely touched the concrete of our ancient town.

Tired footsteps struggling to make progress in their destination and a traveller with their suitcase dragging it through the cobbled streets. Where had that person been staying, and why? Or where were they going and for what reason. Oh, my mind was racing, I wanted to get  back to write. Were they ladies or men who passed me whipping me with their heavy woollen floating coats, in a heated hurry, hopeful of catching their deadline? Or that is what it seemed.

Oh the man who was singing and playing his guitar kept me amused, with his songs and voice. He was really good, what was his story? Why did he busk? Where would he go at the end of the day? Was he homeless? Was his evening going to be spent sitting on a park bench, sipping on a cup of tea bought at a café, just before closing time?

Or was he to go to his fine apartment, with luxurious furnishings and lavish paintings on the walls? Putting in bags his coins he had made throughout the day and knowing he was to bank them the next day, hoping to turn his loose change into notes?

Then the person with the suitcase came past me again, this time closer than before but for sure the same  person, as same footsteps and same wobbly wheel on the case.

The same speed of walking too, as though they were looking for something or someone?

OK, by this point, I was ready for Hub to come back to me? My fingers were starting to turn blue with the cold and my mind had come back to real life and  I had left the make believe world of my next pages of writing. The real world, where I started to worry about one, where was Hub, and two, what if he lost me? What if we could not find each other again?

Oh then my ears took over my mind and again, I was in another world.

A world of an elderly lady, I think a mother, and her daughter. The Mother sounded about eighty and the daughter  in her mid-forties.

Oh they were talking about some relatives birthday, on the 22nd of March? Ha.

How much the elderly lady did not want to buy the person a birthday gift, but felt obligated?

Oh she moaned and groaned? Ha. I wondered what would be bought, with love?

Hmm.

Then My Hub came back to me. Oh My beautiful wonderful Long Chops, is so good. Hub would not know where I was but LC found me, my useless Waggatail, would have walked streight by.

Right the fast march to the bus and it was waiting for us, yes our private bus, ha. Well not quite.

Oh on there, there was a lady, no, sorry, a woman, she was talking rather loudly on her mobile.. She was, hmm, let’s say, a bit rough around the edges.

Talking about how he, got jail. Then, asked the person on the phone, how did the funeral go?       

Hahahaha. I kind of hoped they would not get off with us?

We got home and poor Black beauty, still had not managed to get her treat from the toy where I had fitted it before  we left, so she franticly began to throw it hard on the floor, before the two bullies got it.

Now teen is off to see Bunches. Hub is cooking my tea? He is a much better cook than me, though I make a good shepherd’s pie and that is what he is having. I made it earlier.

So a busy day, just one hour in the town, but so much to listen out for, oh  I forgot to tell you when I said Waggatail was rubbish, well, she only went and walked me into a thing? Then when the thing spoke, I realised it was a lady….

A lady who said to me,

“Oh, I have a guide dog too?”

Well that must have looked good,  two blind people clashing into each other? Says a lot for guide dogs today? xx

No comments: