translate

Wednesday 13 March 2013

PORK NO THANK YOU?


Well, how was today for you all? Wouldn’t it be good to take four people from the  four corners of our round globe, and analyse, their day?

 Just random people.

 I spoke to the lady who is supposed to be sorting me a volunteer out. She told me she  still didn’t have anyone. I had such high expectations. I think if I was crying and as low as you could be  in front of her when she came, perhaps I would have had someone out by now? And rightly so. I remember when I lost my sight, I was suicidal. A lot of volunteers, find it easy, to go to someone’s house, sit and talk I was looking for a person who likes to go out to the shops, coffee and sky diving.

No, sorry, silly me, rock climbing.

You may laugh, but you have never seen Waggatail and me walking?

If there is a wrong way to walk, Waggatail will find it, though, I should bite my tongue, as she was great tonight. Hub was on his way from the Capital, and I needed to get out. Tensions were running high in my head and I needed to breath fresh air.

Stuck in my cage too long.

Poor soul, he walked in the door, from an all day meeting in London, and he asked what I was doing? I told him I was getting ready to go out for a meal.

Bless him, he never says no?

“Oh, OK?” he shouted up the stairs.

LC had been a good girl but came in the door, and flattened Waggatail.

“I’m home? She said,  I’m sure.

Little  Waggatail, was so happy to see her harness. She loves going out. Black Beauty, was given a long chew, one we got from the pet shop the other day.

Off we went. Teen had left to go to  a fashion show with Bunches and her Mother.

Waggatail, did the walk really well. Didn’t make any mistakes. Our friendly Lewis, was there waiting for us at  the restaurant. It had started to snow, so the warmth as we walked in was lovely.

Lewis’s Uncle and other owner was there too. They are not half as nice or friendly, in fact, I would not like to cross them? Really, they are so angry? Lewis, is adorable.

Well, he made a huge mistake? He is from Malaysia, he speaks little English, he takes our orders down in Chinese. So you have three languages going on. When my (Vegetarian) spring rolls came, I hungerly bit into them, and they were pork.

Oh, I could have been sick. I have not had meat for twenty two years.

I told Lewis, and he was so painfully sorry. Bless him. Of course, Hub was not impressed and did not let it  drop all night. In a jovial way, but poor man Lewis, had a nervous breakdown by the end of the evening.

Oh God they were  awful. I ate half  as the meat was sparing. Hub tried one as I handed him one to try to make sure I was not going mad? He confirmed they were meat, not that I needed confirmation really, oh I don’t know how anyone can eat meat? I could have been sick. It was so chewy. Really like eating flesh.

Of course, that is what it is? But oh I won’t forget the taste of that for a while?

The rest of the meal was fine though.

Then Lewis’s Uncle shouted at Lewis, and poor man, ran into the kitchen, like a scared rabbit.

Then the Uncle ran out and sped off in the car? Weird?

Lewis is too nice for that world he has found himself in. Really it is not a pleasant one? And Lewis is so caring and gentle.

He was telling us about his living arrangements? Oh my word? It’s hell? I won’t go into it, but really not good. I really feel for him.

Anyway, we came home and not too long after that teen came in. Then the night went downhill.

I can’t talk to teen now, it is so unpleasant. This has a domino effect on  Hub and myself. So Hub is in the bath now, I am going to let the dogs out and then get the beds out for them, give them a drink, lock up and take a shower, then relax in bed. Play some gentle music and chill with hub. Tomorrow, is another day. A day when I get my hair cut? In our posh salon. Oo, I hope it will be nice, I am looking forward to it? I have never been to a posh hair dressers before. I really am tempted to get my hair cut short, but really I have  had long hair for ever it seems at times, certainly for thirty years, yes, since I was two?????????

“Stop it?

Do you think if I get it cut short, I will lose my strength? Ha.

It is so cold tonight again. Really really bitter. I shall let you know tomorrow, what I had done to my hair and how we got on in the town. Dead excited.

I can’t believe we are doing this? I can’t believe how Hub and I do it? How can it be, two blind people getting from home to the town and  finding new places? It is so new to me and I love it.

If you are thinking, that will never be me? I also used to believe that? Some days I still do. Oh one thing I want to talk to you about is blind people taking holidays? Hmm. This is  a subject close to my heart. xxx

No comments: