translate

Wednesday 13 March 2013

ON THE BRIDGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On The Bridge
By
Fiona Cummings

As I  stand on the bridge waiting for you

The leaves bow down to the water edge so blue

My heart tells a story of love so true

Bursting with feelings of forever you

The birds sing for me a song of love

Flying free in the morning skies  above

The early chill rips through my skin

Shivering deep within

I can hear my heart beat now

Feel the trembling on the ground

Your train has just passed by

I am so emotional I want to cry

Not long now before you are here

In your arms I shall be my dear

A passer by walks over to the other side

Was I obvious to him or my thoughts did I hide

Ten minutes later you had not turned up

I would remain hopeful like a full coffee cup

My thoughts did wonder

Had I made a blunder

Then over my shoulder

Was my Darlings soldier

Arms full of flowers

The same charisma and powers

Your smile that would warm the hardest,  heart

With a promise we will never, part

You had been away too long

I had to be so very strong

As I knew you were in battle and lived on the edge

But nothing could get in between us, this you did pledge

 As you stood before  me I began to walk towards you

But you just faded away

 I shouted your name

But you had no words to say

Running towards me

As I fell to my knees

Reality hit me

Don’t let it be true please

Your sister held me close

But it should have been you

I did not want to hear the words

They could not be true

You broke your promise to me

And now you are gone we will never be

 

No comments: