translate

Sunday 3 March 2013

I KNOW WHO WILL WIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS



By Fiona Cummings

Brick by brick I have built my wall

Standing so strong and incredibly tall

I feel so safe behind it  you know

No one can find me no one at all

Nothing can break this secure wall

Away from the world which tries to enter me in war

Though heavy machinery tries to chip away

I just build it up for another day

Wishing they would all go away

Leave me alone

I want to be on my own

No one can hurt me now

No tears are left to cry

All of my emotions have ran dry

Sitting on my bench reading my book

Never I will be caught by that rusty hook

Very safe

I know my place

Looke at the lines upon my face

Telling a story about what I have seen

Explaining the horrors of where I have been

My old bones are crumbling

My body is grumbling

My joints are not so free as they were

My innocent life is not so pure

I am still waiting for that amazing cure

Pills of happiness

Removing the sadness

Flicking through the pages looking at random words

Listening to the beautiful black birds

The leaves are falling around my feet

A small white cat joins me on my seat

How harmless are animals

I love the sweet smells

I am quite content with my life behind the wall

I feel so safe away from them all

My life in my book is my get away

People to me mean nothing at all

I am quite happy living my life this way

No one to bother me no one to call

Where were the people when I started to fall

So safe I am now with my shell of my wall

Each time I turn the pages I am hugged by a shawl

Arms around me

Calm deep within

No more tragedy

I know who will win

No comments: