translate

Sunday 17 March 2013

IN MY MIND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


In the mind

By Fiona Cummings

 Empty parcels of forgotten birthdays

Longing memories are just a haze

Distant voices echo

Live for today not sure about tomorrow

A dark cloud hangs over my head

An empty space lays in my bed

Air stands still

Sunshine leaves a chill

Absence spills it’s blood

All burnt like a stick of wood

Removing all which was good

Stolen from the starving a dish of food

No growth in the garden

Not an apology or a pardon

Laughing behind my back

Sealed in no view not even a crack

Scraping sounds across the floorboards

No fortune left nothing I can afford

Shivers of shadows

Horns replace haloes

Broken glass from the past

Still splinter from the blast

Laying miles of ghostly train tracks

Images they have seen

From beggars to the queen

Who travels in those carriages now

If they can see us I don’t know how

Acid rain falls on my brow

Scarring painfully through my skin

Tearing savagely  deep within

How I can never forgive or forget

How much I try not to regret

If only my mind could forget

Like a cancer just one more cigarette

No comments: