translate

Thursday 7 March 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


Good evening friends, not a good day with Little Waggatail today. I took her to the shop. She first walked me over a driveway, so I had to take her leash to control her

 then she didn’t stop at a side road, then we got to the shop, she was great at  finding that, then on the way back, she was dreadful.

So dangerous. She walked me in the middle of the road. Cars went around me, I was in the middle of them. Another what sounded like a van, with its  roaring engine, stopped and just stayed there, watching me, but our dogs do have their harnesses with a sign saying “Do not distract?”

Oh God, a bus passed. I was so ashamed and felt an idiot? All the people on the bus watching me being a total fool. Which way, left or right? Then a lady came from the school, and helped me. Thank God for her?

Then Waggatail went on her way, and walked on the grass rather than the path. Oh I was so cross with her?

I swear, I was so ready to pick up the phone on my return and call guide dogs and send her back.

Hub calmed me down and told me I had been to the shop, bought what I needed and got back? OK, though it was not a good time.

Oh, I really really feel let down by Guide dogs? Waggatail, will be two dogs I have had that have not been good guide dogs. I don’t want to give her up just now, but can’t allow myself to get too attached either?

Just after the town the other day and today, hmm. Not good.

Though, she is a lovely dog, she is an animal. Who has been with lots of people/houses in her life?

have to give her a chance, don’t I?

 

No comments: