translate

Saturday 2 March 2013

Springtime By Fiona Cummings


How much springtime means to me

By Fiona Cummings

Thank Goodness it has stopped snowing

Beneath my footsteps the grass is growing

The birds in the trees are starting to nest

To wake up to sunshine is the absolute best

The smells of springtime fills the air

The open bright sky is wanting to share

A beautiful day

Is what it wants to say

A sheet of hope covers us I pray

Goodbye to the winter

As its blade has left a splinter

A chill in my heart

My soul it has had to part

  Walking past the beautiful lake

With a memory of the snowflakes

A blanket of ice has broken

The sleeping spring has spoken

The mystical swans glide

With the ducks begging for a ride

How  beautifully they get on

And the black birds sing their sweet song

As I sit and take a mind picture of the new born rabbits

And think how we can forget our old habits

of wrapping up with our layers

And slippy dangerous fears

The air is so still

As the sun beckons for the new daffodils

The frozen rivers run free

The grey has turned aqua, in the sea

I just wanted to let you see

How much spring time means to me

No comments: