translate

Saturday 16 March 2013

WHAT EASTER MEANS TO ME


Easter is coming up and I can’t wait. I like Easter, because it is goodbye to the awful winter, which this year has gone on too long. We have had a dreadful season and Hub was saying the other day, that this summer is forecast to be a wet one? Well I tell you if it is, I’m emigrating.

Easter represents for  me the start of all  new. Beautiful daffodils, the brightest colours in the ground. When people see yellow, I am sure they must smile? When I could see, I could never look at yellow, and not feel some  sort of sunshine in my head. Try it if you can see, look at Daffodils or a yellow  item of clothing, see if it makes you feel happy?

I love the thought of the  bouncing baby bunny’s and little lambs, larking in the fields. Lovely chocolate and hanging up our spring clothes from their winter storage.

Spring is  a worldwide tradition involving many customs that people believe to be Christian.

After doing research on line, I have found far too many origins for the word Easter, so my analysis on the word and meaning, comes down to individuals perception of the word itself.

As far as the bible, I don’t like the thought of Jesus being killed. We don’t know if  he was considered human, my belief is he was from another land, still Jesus, still did all of the miracles that it says he did in the bible, but because we were not there at the time we all don’t know the truth. I pray to him, as he is goodness, kindness and represents what I want in life for everyone.

 Easter is a time of new. A new start, new life and when we all seam to find time to be with families. The first time we can get out and about as the weather is nice, of course our family and friends out there who are lucky enough to live in warm countries, will not get this feeling of needing warmer days? Don’t get me wrong, I love the UK for our seasons, but our Spring is not too warm, our autumn is chilly and our summers can be challenging. I love the start of the winters so cosy in the house with the fire on and chunky jumpers, hugging your body from all which may try to bite you in the icy streets outside. I like to go for a walk and come in the warmth of the house and have a hot  beverage.

Just this winter has been a harsh one. Days when going out has been impossible with the slippy steps we would have encountered.

I remember as a child, Easter for me was the best time. I was away at our horrid cold boarding school, could not wait to go home. Easter holidays were always long and I hardly spent time in hospital at  Easter for some reason.

This meant time at home with my family. My happiest time.

It meant I would see my wonderful mad aunt, who always brought happiness into our home. She was funny even then. My aunt Peggy, used to always bring me the most beautiful  Easter egg. It would be the same kind every year. In a beautiful basket, with lots of flowers around the handle and bright shiny  foil around the delicious egg. We would have an egg hunt and make Easter bonnets. I would bring home with pride from school a card I had made for my parents and remember it would  get pride of place on my Mums highly polished sideboard in the living room.

There were always brilliant films on the television. A time when I reflected the hardness of being away from school and allowed me time to appreciate how happy I felt at home.

It was around Easter time, when I was given the greatest gift. My Son. Someone to love and give a life of hope for.

So Easter to me is hope. And I really hope, this year, hope is given  to a lot of my Blogget family?

Feel the positive energy I am sending you this Easter, go out there and look for a future you want and need, you will, find it. Just trust me, believe your head and follow your heart.

x  

No comments: