translate

Monday 18 March 2013

KINDLE AND ME


Good evening my Blogget family. Oh Tonight I can tell you all, that Fifi, has moved more into the digital world of technology. I have a kindle. Will I be able to use it? Hmm. I really hope so?

Oh I couldn’t believe how easy it was to order books from Amazon to the kindle? Less than one minute. Teen had to register me and the rest was over to me. The  speech is clear and ironing will never be the same?

As I hold it, I feel terror. What if I push a button that totally ends life in my electronic device? What if I can fast forward a page and can’t get back to it? Hub says if you can see, there is loads you can do on the kindle, but if you are  using speech, it’s limited.

Oh I am really excited about it, already I have bought two books. There are over one million books which are accessible, and we never had access to them before the kindle, as they only came in  print.

For people like me, who has not been taught  Braille, the kindle is great, until the kindle, those who could read Braille, had to read a selection of books, which a  group of members picked for them. Now we can read almost, what everyone else can read. If you take the top one thousand books  now in print, about 80% are available to us as E books. In Braille less than five per cent are available.

The books I have ordered, when I read them, I will let you know all about them, if I don’t blow the machine up?

x

No comments: