translate

Thursday 14 March 2013

HAIR CUT 100


Oh my friends and Blogget family, what a day? Hub had the day off and we were to get up early and head off to town. I did not take Waggatail, so depended on Hub to guide me? Talk about the blind leading the blind? He was great though. Really better than sighted people. I find when he has the dog  on his left and have the stick on my  right, we are a real team, and avoided obstacles, the town was pleasantly quiet, just a few people standing in the middle of the pathways to avoid and some buskers. I love to hear them singing, and when we are walking towards them, it’s great to hear them getting a little anxious, as though to say,

“Well, I am all wired up with mike and guitar, I can’t move, and I am in the middle of a  song?”

We haven’t killed one yet though.

We were to find the posh hair dressers. Very exclusive? Hmm? Well, I thought it would be a little like Harrods, but in hair cut style? Why I thought that? I’m not sure, but when we approached the correct road, we knew we were in the vicinity, and went into a shop, just as we were hesitating, a man asked us where we were looking for? We told him, he told us we needed to be at the next door.

Well  we went into the next door, and God knows where we were,  but, it for sure was not a posh hair dressers?

There was a lady in there who told us to go to the next one along, we did, and as we went into the next entrance, a man took our names and showed us a seat.

Oh I was so very excited. I was incredibly proud of Hub too as we have never done that route before. He was great and LC, was as ever a perfect guide dog.

God, I am going to  miss her when she retires, as she is the best guide dog I know of.

Oh the hair dryers, the scissors snipping, the lotions and products for the hair. Oh this was a real treat, so much better than our local place.

A lady came to ask me if I would like to go her way? I said,

“That depends which way you are going love?”

Ha, only joking, I followed her by taking her arm, which I must add, needed a bit of a waxing? It was a little on the prickly side.

She was so broad with her accent too. I thought they would be posh in there, but no.

We talked about what I would like done to my hair, and I went to get my hair washed. Oh that was lovely, the smells were so fruity, but this is where the fun began.

I said to the girl washing my hair, and this was the start of my realisation, that you do not have to be very bright to work in the posh designer hair  salons?

I told her how lovely the shampoo smelt? I asked her what kind of shampoo they  use? She told me a really really, really

 Cheap one. I was a little shocked? I asked her again and she came back  with the same answer. I told her it smelt nice and she said,

“Oh

No, that shampoo what I told you, is what I use at home?”

Then when I got to the chair to get my hair cut, the other girl who cut my hair, asked about Hubs dog. I told her, she was a cross, between a shepherd and a retriever, now, then, wait for her answer?

“So, do they always use Labradors for guide dogs then?”

Well, I was kind of thrown by her ignorance?

But then she asked me a better question?

“How do you know what the cut is like? Do you look in the mirror?

OMG? I really really could not answer?

But, though not posh people they were nice, and did my hair lovely. Hubs was great too. He bought himself some peppermint conditioner too. Spoilt himself and he deserves it. He did great getting us there and I love my hair.

I didn’t get it all cut off as poor Hub was not at all happy last night when I told him? Just a couple of inches off it.

We went to the bank and  dealt with those people!! Then to the shop to buy toiletries and then to the bakery. Oo, that was lovely. Then to our bus home, it was a sunny an yet icy cold day, but a great one. Loved it. I felt so very very free.

As I walked through the streets with the air flowing by, I felt like a free bird flying. Wonderful, thank you who ever for giving me that strength and thank you Hub for giving me a chance to experience a little independence.

    

No comments: