translate

Saturday 2 March 2013

Tech today


My light fitting still is safely in its box, I am dying to have a look but Hub says if we open it, it will get broken, so we should leave it in the box, until we can get someone to put it up for us?

The size of the box, is really ridiculously huge. I swear, I am sure it will be for a ball room.

If that is the case? I really don’t know where it will go as we only have very small rooms, apart from the conservatory, and that has a light fitting all ready, though it is not that big, so  hmm, perhaps a swap can go on? OMG? Hub will go off it if I suggest that? He is not going away until the end of March either, ha, so can’t pull a flanker?

As for the vacuum? Remember the ugly vacuum? Ha. The one I felt sorry for and had to give a home to, after reading the description of “This  Vacuum is ugly!”

Well the box arrived and I  opened it. Hub was furious that I had bought a new one, as he can fix the old one, but when he is away, what  do I do to .

 Clean up? Wait sometimes up to two weeks, before he is home,  with three dogs?

The Vacuum like my light fitting, was a good offer, £99, reduced from £249, something like that?

Well, Teen of course was out and that left me and Hub to fix the thing together. Was it an upright, or a cylinder? That was the question, as it was not obvious to us.

I could not do it but Hub is a, Vacuum expert, well, so am I, an expert at breaking them.

It took him about forty minutes and we had lift off.

I love it, I must say, the old one was the best and the only one I would recommend, a Miele.

We like that make because it is all metal, nothing plastic, apart from the main body,  but the tube and other parts are metal.

I cleaned the rug with this one, it’s a Morphy Richards. Oh my word, because it is bagless, and you can open it to see what you have  caught in your daily hunt, it was full of dog hair after only one clean? I felt shameful that, that amount of dog hair was on my floor.

But the way in which my BB is casting right now, is crazy.

Also I didn’t have a vacuum for three days.

Oh I am obsessed with it now, I have lovely floors, but after the dogs have finished killing each other, back to square one.

OK, new tech Hub saw in the US.

Heytell which works between I products. It is  an app, and it makes your phone into a walky talky/2 way radio.

This is great if Hub and I  are walking in the busy town, He can tell me if there is an obstacle in the way if he is leading, or if I get lost, he can tell me I should look out for example, A shop with loud music playing, or  a perfume smell. You can also leave messages on it. It is free too!

Also something I think is really funny, called

“Tap tap see!”

You hold the camera in the room you are in and take a picture. It tells you immediately, what you are pointing to. So if you are in a hotel reception for example and you are to meet with your friend next to the large plant? Your IPhone will tell you where the plant is, if of course you point in the right direction. It is similar to Viswizz, Don’t quote me on that spelling, but that is also for the IPhone, and you take a picture on your phone, then it goes to a live person, I guess opposed to a dead one? Ha. After the photograph has been taken, you talk into your phone and ask what you have just took a picture of?

Then a minute later, the question you have asked after taking the picture, will be answered.

 One day my Hubs lap top did not work, there obviously was a message on the screen, but his software  Jaws which makes our computers talk, was not reading the message.

He took a picture of his screen, asked what was on it, and sent it off to the live person.

The answer came back and told hub what the printed message said and Hub was able to fix his lap top.

This application, is free too!

 

The difference with the  Heytell, and Viswizz, is the first one, tells you immediately. Using the speech already on the IPhone, almost as quick as the naked eye.

Then there is a brilliant app. A Seeing eye. It is like the GPS, but tells you exactly when to turn left or right if you are a blind person walking. It is really accurate too. It is the GPS but with much more detail.

At the moment, it is only available in the US, but soon will be available in other countries.

I said to Hub, that in my opinion, with all of these applications and technology, people will decide that we blind people don’t need cures found and new treatments, as there will be no need to have sight?

He doesn’t think this will happen, I hope not as for sighted people, would you be happy with losing your sight, to be given a microchip to tell your brain what you should be seeing?

I mean, it is all fantastic, amazing, but we still need to see please?

 

No comments: