translate

Sunday 24 March 2013

CHOCOLATE IN THE AIR/THE CHOCOLATE WEDDING BY FIONA CUMMMINGS


Chocolate in the air

The chocolate wedding day

By Fiona Cummings

Passing by the factory

It’s the day when two elves will marry

Val and Jim will cut their cake

The best man for sure is Jake

Bubble gum balloons hang from the trees

Oh let them be happy forever please

I stood behind the bus shelter peeping

As it was early dawn everyone was sleeping

All except the chocolate people

Wow look at tiny Tixi getting out of the car

Her silver hair like a bright shining star

Nessie bus comes tooting along

Out jumps Melody singing a song

Alvin the cook carries a milk tray

Norman the Forman is wanting to play

Paddy warns him not today

Norm if you’re   going to be naughty   go away

Who is in the ice cream van

With a hat like a big marang

Oh yes I think she is called Pam

Hay look there is Marj. telling the guests where to go

By this point Ellie and  Carter are putting on a show

Oh they are so funny dancing about

Silly things need to behave or Marj will shout

A chocolate church with its  candy steeple

Under an archway of sugared roses

Where Noddy proudly  stands and poses

Nancy and Noddy steel a cherry kiss

Everyone is excited there is just one elf who is a miss

Oh look here she comes in a  white chocolate car

The windows rolo  down and I see a chocolate coin

 The groom looks like he is going to fall over, oh boing

 Poor strawberry haired Jim

Jake lends him his arm to steady him

Just then I couldn’t believe what I saw

A tall giraffe walked around as though   to explore

Looking up in the sky

I wondered why

Then the milky bar bird swooped down to the ground

A rag doll cat with a flying saucer hat

  Chased the sugared mouse in to the tiny house

How did I ever fit in there

I wish I could shrink again and this day I would share

Then a bang and a flair

Next thing I was there

Right in the middle

Where Jake was playing a violin or was it a fiddle

Val walked  down the honey coated isle

Wearing lace and a milk bottle smile

She carried the smallest bouquet I have ever seen

Oh look over there I’m sure that is the king and Queen

My elf friends are in so much trouble if I am seen

Let me hide behind this jelly bean

How on  earth  is it possible to get this small

And how does the giraffe  stay so tall

Looking around I’m like a crumb on the  ground

I guess there is no need to hide as I look like the others

Oh in walk the elf children all the sisters and brothers

Singing a song in words I didn’t understand

I just felt so happy in this chocolate land

Toffee trumpets played in a band

I caught Jims eye and he winked at me

Then to my left was the rosy faced lady

She beamed at me so full of warmth

Like a hot chocolate drink on a winters night

I smiled at her in pure delight

Then I witnessed the most beautiful sight

A chocolate fountain of dark and white

The children’s choir stood holding a large tea cup

Chocolate flowed filling it up

Then carefully they carried it to the bride and groom

As the King announced of the couples honeymoon

Drink this gift

In a basket you will sit

And be carried away by a balloon

To a faraway place

Where you have never been

Let this be a present from me and my queen

It was just then that I realised I had been seen

Oh no

The snow

What shall I do

I jumped in an enormous  chocolate shoe

Then the rosy lady said boo

Pulling me out

Putting her finger to her lips

She looked like a spout

On a round china tea pot

Oh silly me I got it wrong

As Jake came over to me when we were all to sing a song

He explained the king and queen would soon be on an aeroplane

Then I was free to enjoy the day again

He told me I had not been noticed and it was a tradition

 That the  chocolate royalty gave  a gift of loyalty

A present of  passion

Whatever holiday was in fashion

Balloons were a hit in the factory

And this is what the couple wanted you see

Few thank Goodness no one got in trouble

Then a collection was given and the dish was full of truffles

I had nothing to give as was not expecting this

So Jake told me just to make a wish

I did that very moment

And sealed it with such sentiment

Then floated through a cloud of chocolate dust

Grabbing buttons as they were a must

 Looking down to the ground

The bells were a beautiful sound

Chocolate handles ringing away

Melting candles burnt that day

I glided over a golden carriage

What a dream what an amazing marriage
A beautiful wedding day
I never wanted to come away 

 

 

 

No comments: