translate

Wednesday 1 January 2014

MOTHER OF THE NORTHERN SEA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MOTHER OF THE NORTHERN SEA

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Crashing waves in front of me

The roaring violent sea

Was awoken by me

Power I didn’t know I had

To make the calm turn bad

A green blue blanket chased me

Performed an act of terror

An assault

I faced the horror

Tears of salt

Angry furious punches through me to the ground

I was oblivious to what was all around

Swallowed by the monster from the sands

 Helpless I held out my hands

Trying to grab anything insight

I put up a fight

Slam, into a sharp rock

Cuts and blistered

From nature

Thrown up to the cool frost of the northern air

Rags of shelled like coating filmed over my hair

Torn skin

Deep fear within

Crimson waters surrounded me

Eaten by the angry sea

Just let me be

Then I could see

What was in front of me

A beautiful mermaid circled her arms around my body

She took her long gold locks and washed the rusty coat which was salty

Smiled to me and showed love so plenty

Removed the curtain which was really heavy

Lay me down on a mossy cover

I saw the doves and gulls hover

She was the oceans Mother

She saved me

From the Northern sea

A second chance

I was in a trance

I floated through fields of snowdrops

I drank the heavenly raindrops

I fed from fresh crops

I dried from the sun of yellow

I felt ever so mellow

At peace at last

After a terrifying blast

A sleep now

I felt feathered like fingers wipe my brow

What had become of me

I was there but how?

 

No comments: