translate

Tuesday 7 January 2014

PEOPLE LISTNING


 I heard a really funny story on Sunday whilst on a packed train. An Aunty and her Niece aged about eleven, were sitting next to us. They had a very strong African accent. The conversation delighted me in fact made my difficult day pass by. It went like this.

Niece. “I get money for Christmas, but my Mum keeps it to spend.

Aunt. “Nor girl, she don’t do dat. She geev it to yoo.

Forgive my African accent, but want to try to allow you to hear what we did.

Niece. “No Aunt. She bought Cousin chocolates and she even bought your Christmas present with my money.

Aunt. No child. You are wrong.

Niece. Oh life is (shit)

Aunt. “Teesh girl. Don’t say dat.

“Niece, “Whot deed I say?

Then the aunt said in a loud voice

“Shit”

Niece. Well, you call your Husband, a bastard?

Hahahahahahah. Then she went onto telling the train via her aunt about all the swear words her Mum uses.

Next thing, the train stops and the child is removed and I don’t want’ to think or tink, what was done to her when she got hom to Mama? Hahaha. But we did laugh.

 

No comments: