translate

Sunday 19 January 2014

LOST SON BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LOST SON

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

You gave me life; you were the blood I never had

You held my heart and helped along with the bad

I was your Mum, and you’re Dad

You made me smile when I felt so sad

We were inseparable

You were love sent from above

My cuddle

My kiss

My Son who I so miss

I doubt I will ever find you now you’re lost

Removed from warmth

Out in the frost

How could you change so much

It’s all about money what it costs

You are ice to touch

You’ve hurt me so much

We had a bond

Not just eyes of blue and hair of blonde

But our heartbeat in time

We were our lifelines

Through challenges of hard times

Forbidden fruits

Grapes climbing up vines

Broke all the rules

Fought fools

I took you to school

Though I knew of the pain to do so

I had to take it so slow

But I got there

Because I cared

I tried my best when you were scared

To be there for your every fear

I held you as you shed a tear

I tried to teach you all I knew

Showed you green grass and oceans so blue

To you I was so dutiful

I told you I thought you were beautiful

Now your words are so hateful

I saved my life for you

Because I love you

Though now you forget all we had together

And I feel I’ve lost you forever

 

No comments: