translate

Monday 6 January 2014

DAWNBREAK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DAWNBREAK

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

 They say dreams can come true

Really, for people like me and you?

Well I have been a dreamer for so long

But don’t think I can carry on

So someone wake me up please

As I am so fed up of being on my knees

Just begging saying over and over, “please?

There’s no one there to answer me

So all the faith has left me

How to bring it back?

Will it ever return and change white from black?

Still sleeping

Life creeping

Heavy walls I’m pushing

Can see what I want

It’s there at the front

But no chance of rushing

All in slow motion

In meanwhile a commotion

Where is life’s compassion?

It’s gone out of fashion

Set me an alarm

To wake me from harm

Eyes closed

Left with the thorns of a rose

Allow me to wake

And smell fresh flowers next to the lake

I want to see the sun rise for dawn break

 

No comments: