translate

Tuesday 14 January 2014

JOURNEY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
 

Journey

By Fiona Cummings

I have travelled to the deepest of valleys

Felt the darkest worries

Climbed the highest mountains

Drank from the freshest fountains

Sunk to the bottom of the river

Been in a real quiver

Smelt, amazing flowers

Felt, such strong powers

Whitnessed storms so bleek

Have been incredibly week

Laughed until I hurt

Grabbed my chest as had pain in my heart

Wanted to get there

But stuck at the start

Been so tired but there’s been no chair

Wanted some love, though no ones there to care

My insides have tingled deep within

For love I’ve been shown made my head spin

I have visited the world

Been dressed in gold

But also my soul has been sold

I have worn rags

Left home with only bags

Slept rough

In streets so tough

In  life had enough

Humour off the cuff

Wanted more

Opened a new door

Walked through holding my head high

Looked to our sky

The world is mine to find

Reject the evil

Except the kind

Please join me

In this land

Come on hold my hand

I shall show you places far a field

Visit Italy and taste grapes pealled

Olives from Greece

And kiev’s from Russia

In Japan’s temples,feel the peace

Let’s buy rugs from Pursure

And ski in  Sweden

Take a boat trip watch the dolphins feeding

Wherever we go

Sun or snow

We shall have each other

All sisters and Brothers

Around the world

A better journey





Do you want to visit a new land

Come on hold my hand

We can build

So come with me

And you will see

How very happy you can be

No comments: