translate

Friday 10 January 2014

I'M BACK


Well, I’m back. She was as lovely as ever and great at her job. But we didn’t do white cane training.

We did the route to the cinema.  No dog or stick. Just memory.

Next Wednesday she will come and do the cane and shop.

I’m physically exhausted. Just trying to remember everything. Where to turn, how high the step is which rounded step tells me when to turn right. How many tactile bumps do I need to pass before crossing and what sounds to listen out for to tell me when to turn right

At what angle do I need to be at what kerb? And then do it all in reverse. Then there are the choices of what counter to go to when I get there. Oh boy.

I left my Son just getting in the bath. Came back and he was still in the bath. I told him he would turn into a mermaid.

Now for tea. What to make? I have two cauliflowers and I could make some cheese sauce. That would do me. For the boys, I could risk my life by trying to give them some and fish. How horrible does that sound?

So a quick update and now I wait for a call from GDO, as when I was asked how Wagga is doing, I let my guard down and told about the road. This is one reason I would like to do white cane training. Now it’s going to be reported. I am in fear. I don’t want my dog took from me, as the main shops where I can only go if Hub comes too, Wagga is great, as there are no roads. Show her a road, oh no. It’s not good.

I know one thing; there will be no town training for my little girl.

Too many cars, too much to sniff.

Later gators.

X

No comments: