translate

Wednesday 8 January 2014

I SEE THE SUN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I SEE THE SUN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 I see the sun today,

 On a hill not too far away

Blanking out the cloud before it

 And the grey of buildings and walls of brick

I breathe the fresh air

Gone has the choking mist

My heart feels alive

As though new

The beautiful skies

So blue

For once I can do this without you

Why can’t I be like this each day of my life?

Am I asking too much to not be bothered by strife?

The pain has been lifted from my damaged heart

My pleasure has been reunited and I don’t want it to part

Leaves are so green

On the full bloomed trees

In front of me is a picture of a beauty queen

My old reflection

Am I going in the right direction?

Gone is the old me

To where, I don’t care

Oh how I wish this feeling I could share?

No comments: