translate

Thursday 23 January 2014

THE BEAUTIFUL SUNSET PARADE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE BEAUTIFUL SUNSET PARADE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 How beautiful you are

I feel so close though you are a far

My heart beats in time with yours

I hear the sounds of distant shores

Through a shell your voice is so close

I smell your skin like a fragrant rose

Your kiss is like a tattoo upon my lips

The feel of you never leaves me

If I feel unsafe your hand I grip

Though we are apart it’s you I see

The waves of calm follow me

The gentle breaze blows sand

 Around my shadow

I hold your hand

Squeeze through rocks so narrow

Feel the salt in the trickling ocean

You are my magic potion

It’s you I give my devotion

Together we will build a castle

As you are fit to be my king

With you life’s so free from hassle

And I am honoured to wear your ring

Let’s enjoy the seaside

Me as your bride

And hear the choirs of mermaids

And watch the storms fade

The beautiful sunset parade

No comments: