translate

Thursday 2 January 2014

A LONG WAY FOR LUNCH


Hi Bloggets, just a quick catch up as not long we have been in. We went today to see our friends from Northumberland. We only had a few hours, as had to leave all of the dogs. Thank God the trains were all on time, as we had two trains to catch, my friends Husband was at the station at Northumberland, which is a dreadful platform, rather narrow and the trains fly past. I can imagine there are lots of casualties there, our friends Husband said that there was a note, on the wall, to call the Samaritans if needing to talk… Apparently there are a load of suicides there.

Awful.

Anyway, we went to our friend’s house then after we had a small drink to see the New Year in, we went across the road and had a delicious meal made by our friend who is an amazing chef.

A three course meal with coffee afterwards.

Oh her house is really beautiful. They live in the part I lived in two houses ago. A part of Northumberland where that area of the town, is full of stuck up hard faced rich people, but our two friends are the exception.

Our friend’s house where we had the meal, her house must be worth over £340,000. Same house here where I live now would be worth half a million and in London, two million.

Funny isn’t it, how same house price, changes where ever you live? There are parts of the old city the main city where I lived nine miles from,, where the same house again; you would get for £89,000

Crazy, but this house is beautiful in a posh area, but with heartless people.

I hated living there, lots of long stories about there.

The house I lived in last with my Hub, was a beautiful house, area was not as nice and people were not so posh, but the house was beautiful. Now, this house where we live now, not a posh house, area not wonderful, but the people are so lovely, probably the best house I have lived in for friendly neighbours.

Our meal was mushrooms with some kind of cheese, then there were stuffed peppers and the face eating people had some kind of fish pate.

Next we had delicious roast potatoes, loads of vegetables with cauliflower cheese and Hub and the meat eaters had chicken breast with bacon I had a wonderful fritter she made with lentils and cheese also other things and there was green beans and roasted cherry tomatoes. Homemade bread too and for dessert, two choices, also homemade.

 I couldn’t move when I got from the table. I needed a trolley for my stomach. Hahahhahaha.

When I told my friend, cheeky monkey said, how about a bed on wheels?

Hehehehehe. What?

It’s not that big?

“Stop it?

Anyway, we got home and now chilling. My boy not hear but he did let the dogs out in between work. Oh they have been so bad with his pay. For two months he worked there, they have underpaid him every time. Now he has worked every day but Christmas, and he has come out with less than half his waige.

Really messing him about.

 Firstly tried to tax him when he first started working there, well, he doesn’t pay tax until he is eighteen. And the past two pays, have been less than half what he should have been paid.

 

OK, tomorrow, the Christmas decorations come down.

So hard work all day.

Hope you have had a lovely day? More later my friends. X

 

No comments: