translate

Sunday 26 January 2014

THE CROWN PLAZA HOTEL PART 2


The room was enormous. Wow, the carpet was so warm and thick. Long Chops was in shock. She didn’t know why I was there and not home. Hehehehe. It was so good to be there and fantastic to see my Husband. He looked gorgeous in his suit. I love a man in a good suit.

I was so so very happy delighted that I had managed to get there. God I have really shocked myself and with the support from a good friend who is my inspiration. And my Hub, I found the courage from coming from a person who was terrified to step outside her front door, just under five years ago, to going on a train and travelling all those miles. Gosh, if I can do it, I promise, anyone can with sight loss. As I am a scared kitten, but after yesterday’s achievement, I became for a short time, a lioness.

Not saying my fear is cured, but for sure I achieved and that for me is wonderful. It’s nothing to my brave blind friends, but for me, I’m not brave, far from it, until yesterday.

I just had cabin fever and had to get away even for a short time.

I was that free Pegasus. I found my wings.

Oh there was a beautiful fireplace in the room. And two leather comfortable chairs at the fireside with a coffee table with drinks on.

The bathroom was huge it was one of those glass ones, you know like a giant cubical built in the room?

It had curtains around it for privacy, but they were net curtains, so may be still see through? I did worry later on having a bath that I could be seen from outside, as we were on the ground floor and God knows if the curtains were closed properly?

Haha haha.

I didn’t hear any screams, so think I was OK, though nearby there was a body found in a local park, so perhaps they had a heart attack?

Any way, it was time to get ready to go for the meal with all of the guests and the MP’s. I wore my silk blouse and velvet skirt. Put on makeup

Opened the huge heavy wooden door and off we went.

I was in shock how LC found her way to the meeting room.

She weaved in and out of the different doors. Oh Bloggets, I was really proud of our dog.

and off we went into the reception. I met with some of Hubs colleagues. They were from all over the world.

There was a great guy there from France,   who spoke fabulous English, then turned to the person next to us and spoke Italian, then went to another group of people and began to speak Spanish.

What a guy? He was also blind. What an intelligent person and his mobility skills are great too.

He has a lovely sense of humour.

So, then time to go to the before drinks gathering.

It was there I met with the MP’s and one of the wives of the main MP, who gave an elegwent speech over dinner. I was on the top table with Hub as he was the host. What would I talk about, and how would I behave? Haha.

I had to put my best voice on and actually think before I spoke? Hehehehe

The food was wonderful. I spoke Russian and then quickly hoped I would not be spoken to again, as didn’t want’ to pass by the “Hello and how are you stage.

I’m so out of practice with my Rusky

I had a lovely mozzarella and tomato salad for starters. Hub had tomato and basil soup. Then I had risotto and that was delicious, Hub had chicken breast, wrapped in bacon stuffed with Haggis as of course it was Burns night. We were given poetry from Robbie Burns

Then the most amazing thing happened. I couldn’t breathe for I was full of pride and admiration.

 My Husband gave a speech then, a song. Oh Bloggets, he was great.

It was of course a Scottish song.

It was a lovely evening.

We got back to the room and I can tell you, I felt like I had been to work, as it is so different to my daily life. But I can also tell you, it was a pleasure and the people were fantastic. They all said great things about the hotel.

If you want to visit Edinburgh, I beg you to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, on Royal terrace. The staff were all Polish and so incredibly helpful. The hotel is warm and plush with beautiful food and exquisite rooms.

The bed had my name on it and it was huu’uuge.

In fact, I had to get a microphone to see if Hub was in bed… hahahaha

Oh I just love that feeling, no worries, no stress. It did me the world of good.

Part three tomorrow.

No comments: