translate

Monday 6 January 2014

ALMOST KILLED AGAIN


Hello there, how are you all today? Me? Almost was killed before, hahaha. I’m actually OK about it, it’s my Husband who is really took it badly. He for the first time is really stressed about my outings with my baby girl.

So much so, after one hour of trying to calm him down by pretending I was absolutely fine, he has taken a bath.

So we both went to the local shop. I was doing good. The rain was pounding and the wind was blowing, but it was not the worst conditions I have ever been in. And as you know, when I am with my Husband, I don’t really get worried. Well. Em. That worry didn’t last long.

Wagga walked there OK, yes, she sniffed every shrub on her way, and turned around in a circle to see some children a few times and then we got there.

Went around the shop and back out to pass all the items for Hub to carry in his rucksack.

It was not long after then I was almost in very serious trouble.

To cut a long story short, I told her to turn left

But I trusted she knew better and left was not quite there, so I followed her, kept saying left.

Next thing I knew, I tripped down the step which leads onto a duel carriageway.

Luckily I managed to stay in the upright position, as a car swerved across the other side of the road. Now rarely thank God, there were no other cars coming the opposite way for the other car which avoided me to crash into.

Oh my God. Why did she do that? She has never been across that road, not ever.

The sound of the traffic buzzed around me like a washing machine.

Again, cutting a long story short, we got home, Hub was furious with Waggatail.

I said it isn’t her fault. He asked me how many times was I going to say that?

 When I was in my grave?

Oh she is a dog. What gives us the right to demand she does what we ask of them? Hmm?

I know they are guide dogs, but at the end of the day she is a dog. Hub said fine; keep her as a pet as I am not going out with you and her again. I will go out with you if you do more training with the white cane, but never with her.

So on Friday, I am doing routes to work with Wagga and the white cane. Trouble is, the white cane doesn’t find shop doors or look as cute as you are hoping an assistant will ask if you need help in a shop.

Also you cannot avoid things with a cane what you can with a dog. I haven’t used a cane in ten years on my own.

It will be interesting.

I will write about my day I had yesterday but for now shall go and make tea for teen and then get ready to go to our Panto with friends. Sadly my boy won’t go but it will be a lovely evening. So more on that later too. Tomorrow I will have lots of time as back to work for Hub and already a daunting week a head.

X

No comments: