translate

Wednesday 24 April 2013

WEDNESDAY'S WEB OF WORDS


Wednesday’s web of words

Aren’t words funny? Why are some so short and others incredibly long? The word Encyclopaedia is a word from school, which left me cold. I hated that word and still don’t like the memories I have of such a word. Whereas the word equivocal, is so poetic? Well, to me, but someone else may be left with that cold feeling with that word, whereas encyclopaedia, may jump out at them and make that person buzz?

This Wednesdays web word, is,

 Thimblerig

Great word do you think? Do you know the meaning of this word? Look at it again, and try and guess, then I will give you my translation…

Could it be some cover you wear over your finger, when you are sewing on the oilrig? Hahahahaha, funny enough, no. the word means,


To cheat by trickery. Like a magic act I suppose?

On that word, I shall go to the shop now and test Waggatail out for the first time after her free walk yesterday? Will she do it? Will she walk me on the road to the park and get me totally lost, or will she do well? Scared anxious Fi, will hopefully let you know later on… x

No comments: