translate

Thursday 11 April 2013

THE STARS KISSING THE WAVES


THE STARS KISSING THE WAVES

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Such beauty lays before me

Where the land meets with the sea

A wonderful rock formation

Covered in a mossy green

This is my salvation

A place I can feel free

Where seagulls fly high above

With nature I can feel  love

The wild waves

Race to the caves

Smashing against whatever gets in their way

Where does the  distant sky end

And the ocean starts

How do the birds tell where it all parts

I sit here watching the sun fade

A child collects his bucket and spade

Two lovers write in the sand their names

The beach balls are gathered as they finish their games

A scraggy looking dog all wet and full of sand

Runs along the shoreline chasing after a man

A kite gets pulled in

Gosh how long is that string

Shadows of the boats

Grey like ocean ghosts

Coming closer to land for the night

They make such a pretty sight

The ink sky is drawing closer

And the wild northeast sea is full of fury

Like a court case with an angry Jewry

I love the sounds the smells

How you can go from heaven to hell

The danger

The picture

The meaning of it all

I walk along the cliff edge, trying not to fall

I know I should leave when it is light

But I would miss the beautiful sight

Of the stars kissing the waves goodnight

No comments: