translate

Wednesday 24 April 2013

9 lives Fi


Well with heart in mouth and pounding like a drum in a Jazz band, I harnessed up Waggatail and went off to the shop. We crossed the first little road in our street, as we walked towards the main road; I felt the dreaded feeling of gravel, beneath my feet.

Oh God, that sinking feeling occurred.

You know VIP’s, the one where you realise;    the path is not as smooth as you would like it to be?  

Then you think,

“OK, I know only one route and looks like there is going to be some bother?

Then Waggatail stopped and took me between the rather humongous conifer tree and a metal thing on my right. Well, it  did not take me long before I realised one, my dog was not very good at judging widths, and two, my dog obviously hasn’t realised, she has a heffa, for a Mummy and there was no way, I could squeeze through the gap she wanted me to?

So I reversed and walked to the right, cursing the vehicle parked on the path. Well, it was a skip I think, as it felt rather rusty as I stuck to it like glue?

I had to; I had to find my way aroundit so I could find the right path again.

The blooming mess in the street from it is horrible.

Well we managed that and found the main road. Turned left and there was no one at the bus stop to bump into, so went passed the electric box too, which really helps Hub and I   to know where we are. I hope the household who lives next to it never complains, as it is a great sign for us.

Over the manhole cover which makes that clunk sound as you walk over it?

Passing the garden with eh grumpy little snappy dog in it, he never seems to be in the house?

The cars on my right and houses to the left.

Sections of grass to try to catch me out and knock me off the track of the path.

I was on a mission and Waggatail was working well.

The quiet road was peaceful it was sunny and no people. Just how I like it?

The smells of spring were out today and the sounds of the birds serenaded me as I walked along my way.

Freshly cut grass and some children across the road playing football. Passing the house that is having the extension built, really, it has been getting built since Christmas? God knows what they are doing there?

Well, Waggatail walked so slow, it was quite easy to find the kerb to cross. Now I had to make sure she walked in a streight line? This is hard when out of the house; I have no clue of where the heck I am?

Thankfully a bus passed me by and I knew to head a little to the left, away from the road.

A low tree kissed my head, encouraging me to be brave and telling me with its whispers of winter, I was doing well, “darn good?

Oh, God, the tactile path to the school? Well, that was a big test for Waggatail?

She did it? Yes, she passed by without as much as a sniff in that direction.

Over that road, passing the rickety fence which Waggatail likes to walk me into, this time she didn’t?

Perfect. Passing the next sheltered bus stop and again no people.

No monkeys in the zoo as it was after school came to the next tactile and turned left in through the chicanes.

In and out of those and began the long walk down the cycle track.

On and on, I could hear the grounds man cutting the grass in the school play area. Oh a bike dared to go past us; on the (CYCLE) track and Wagga had a nervous breakdown.

So what did she do? Signified she wanted the use of a doggy doodle bag and a red faced Mummy.

God, unzipped my coat pocket and down I bent. Blocking any sun that found itself to our part of the country this fine day.

Now what to do with this? “Dump” it on the corner and pick it up on the way back…

I was mad with her as I let her out before we left, it is nerves for her.

Turned right, missing all the obstacles stopping cars from ramming the windows of the shops?

Keeping near the wall, not wanting to hit my head on the metal fire escape stairs, leading up to some offices.

Turn right again and there was the shop. In we went and our milk was bought. A lovely man spoke to me, he introduced himself as the “Plum lady’s Husband, Jimmy.

Bless him; he and his wife are so cute. I would love to adopt them as my Grandparents?

God, I hope after writing this, they are old enough to be? Imagine, if they were in their forties? Hahahahahaha.

The plum lady is the lady who last year at church, asked us if we wanted some plums from the trees she brought to the church? We thanked her and said we would love some….

72 plums later??????

OMG? They were lovely though, but we did not expect a huge bag full to the top?

Anyway, I digress as always with my flighty brain. Back to our outing.

We bought the milk, two bottles of it and home we went.

Hmm.

Not quite. It was dreadful. Waggatail walked me on the main part of the road again. I was mortified; in fact, my morti has never been so fied.

A whopping great big piggin bus, pulled up, wownd his window  down and shouted out to me in a friendly voice.

“Are you OK dear?

You are walking in the middle of the road, where do you want to go? Oh God, it was excruciating.

I just totally lost my Barings.

Cutting a long story short, she has done this to me three times now, but once we got passed the school, and the park, and the long road, she worked perfect again.

Took me home where I found myself wanting a strong cup of tea.  In shock again, but we made it back, how many times will I be so lucky? Am I a cat? I have had three lives now, six to go?

 

No comments: