translate

Tuesday 30 April 2013

A WONDERFUL DAY


A yellow day.

A miracle has occurred. I just sat, on my laptop and it survived. OMG? God that was a close one? Seriously, my but, covered not only the keyboard, but the screen? I tell you, I still have a lot of strength in my legs as they supported my  weight as I kind of hung in mid-air and thought/contemplated on whether or not to move quickly, not really an easy option, tilt to one side and only  break half of my laptop? Which side to lean towards?  Say bye bye to my wonderful world outside through my laptop, cry, or use my legs and get up without putting any weight on anywhere  My legs. It was that one I chose.  Oh you know when you get that sinking feeling? All hot? I had it. My lap top is fine thank   God.

I have had the most bazaar day? Really not like me? It shows I have a lot on my mind. Oh it really has been odd.

I sat and waited for Paula to come, she was due at half ten, she is the lady who our blind society have matched up with me… The one who is similar to me? They say? Well half ten went by, eleven and then after mid-day, it dawned on me, I had the day wrong, she is due tomorrow. Today is my day in the town with my friend Liz. She was due at half twelve, though in my diary, I have her coming at two this afternoon?

So a mad rush to get everything for the town and she came on her bike. We garaged the bike up, as funny enough; she didn’t offer to take me to town on the back of there!

I really don’t know why not? OK, we may have got some funny looks, as we did wheelies down the high street, but it would have been a laugh? For whom? Answer, the public!

So we had a chat and went off for our bus. My new pass arrived yesterday, well done our council for getting it to us so quickly? Amazing. So, we went into the soap shop to buy a beautiful cup cake for my friend’s birthday, really, the soaps there are adorable. The cake has the paper on but the paper is made from soap, there are flowers embossed on the top of the bun and a little candle on the top of the makeshift icing. All soap, and the shop is a French theme.  There are little Eiffel Towers on each soap table. The cakes are on tall cake stands. There are beautiful chandeliers and wonderful music, all French. There are Chrystal soap dishes and old fashioned sinks with bath salts in. It is a huge shop and I just love it. I would love to work there, ha. Oh the smell? I got my friend a violet soap. They are rather deer the soaps, £5 plus but worth it.

I had a long chat with the owner, he is a lovely person, I have spoken to him before and he is a real character. Let’s say, he is in touch with his feminine side, and I love people like that, as they are so much fun. I always wanted a gay best friend, so my best friend if you are reading this????? Ha. My best friend is in touch with his feminine side, that is why we get on so well, as I can talk to him about decorating, perfume, clothes, music, building, weight lifting and parenting as well as make up and pretty coloured earrings, but he has a darling of a wife, and he is soooooooooooo not gay, Hahahahahahah. Oh God he will kill me for writing this? His wife will chuckle though..

Anyway I digress again. We got out of there, Liz and I laughed all the way around the town. The sun was so warm and we just simply gelled, as we talked about life. We went to buy my friend a gift voucher for her favourite shop and her Husband who also has a birthday, two tops. I bought my Hub some gifts too, will tell you later.  Went back to our bus and finished off with a coffee at home and more chatting. She is great I really like her.

Gosh, if only people knew how very difficult it is for blind people to shop? Compared to when you have sighted people with you I mean. We left the house did our shops and were back in the house, in less than two hours. I mean, I could not believe it when we got off the bus, we turned right like Hub and I do, and went to the first tactile like Hub and I do, and I could not believe how blooming quick we arrived at the first crossing? Seconds, it takes me about a minute and so much stress keeping up with Hub and LC, aching with panic in case I lose them. Hearing the horrible busy vehicles passing on my right, the bells of the Cathedral on my left and avoiding tourists all around me, trying to hear where the bleeping is to the crossing, where Hub and I meet up, as we have meeting points, it’s impossible to walk side by side with two guide dogs.

Actually, it’s difficult, to walk side by side when I  don’t take Waggatail, as Hub cannot avoid me from obstacles, we as blind people, don’t turn sideways when an obstacle is coming up, as we  don’t see it coming until we  hit it, or knock someone out?

Ha, I’m great at that? I should have been in the wrestling ring.

Oh boy, can I body slam?

I had a great day, but when the door closed, and I was on my own again, oh God I hated it? I turned on our new radio and was OK as especially when I opened our blog page to see you all there again, my faithful family.

Just spoken to teen’s teacher on the phone. He had an interview with Teen today. He said it went well. He told me a lot and I cannot believe how nice he was? Gosh, teachers have changed since my day?

I guess kids have too? We were like mice and the teachers were the big angry cats, now kids are the cats and teachers are the mice. Shame we can’t all, be mice?

Right shopping has just arrived, so off to play the shaking, rattling, squeezing and sniffing game. Hugs. x

 

No comments: