translate

Sunday 21 April 2013

EVIL BLANKET


EVIL BLANKET

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Laying here

In total fear

Of winters chill

Who will kill

A razor runs through my veins at night

So dark squeezing me tight

 Something sits on my chest

Making it impossible for me to wrest

I try to push the pain away

But it always wants to stay

Causing so much trouble

Until the dawn of a new day

I can’t  burst the dreadful bubble

It’s there all the time

Hanging over me

Pushing me down

So low I can’t get up and climb

So I stay on the ground

Then after a while

I  walk what seems a mile

Get out of bed

Clear my head

Come and take some tea

Try to sort out what is best for me

No one to talk to

Nowhere to  go

Life passing so quickly

But I’m going so slow

I dread bed

Placing my head on the pillow

Filling my heart with sorrow

Praying for tomorrow

Forgetting yesterday

Hoping the evil blanket will go away

 

No comments: