translate

Friday 26 April 2013

FLUFFY?


Good afternoon to you all. Well today Hub and I went to our council office to get a bus pass or two. We took a taxi as we have no clue how to get there, and they have moved their office from where it was. Well, when we walked in, we could not believe the size of it? The taxi driver told us it was like   glass cubicals and open planned. It used to belong to the train station. It was huge. A lady showed us a seat and with Long Chops, we sat and were told our ticket number, would be number 3,803. OK, she must have seen the look of horror on my face as I contemplated on sitting there for the whole day, as they sieved through the thousands of people before she / they got to us?

She chuckled and said, “Don’t worry, it’s just a number.”

“Few?

As I sat there it was really difficult to imagine, that at one time in the past, many of top hatted men, in their long coats would have frequented that building. Rushing to their offices or catching a train, as it was also an old station I was told. Wow, wouldn’t it be amazing, if you could just walk through a door, and step back into the past?

To be one of those people. To feel what a person of that time would have felt. I would love that. I always wanted to live in a converted station. With the big old clock and the old fashioned waiting room, the beams on the ceilings and the absolute atmosphere. I would have loved so much to have lived in the past, when people had time for each other, when technology did not get in the way, but I must admit, I could only go back to those days, if I was rich? Ha. I don’t want to be a poor person, from the past.

They had it too hard.

If Hub and I did live in the past though, he would not work and we would not be able to enjoy the television like we do now with audio. We would not be able to communicate with the world, but we would be able to communicate with our immediate family? Something these days I am finding more challenging to deal with.

Anyway, our bus passes. I showed the lady all I had to prove I could not see. Though I was guided to her and obviously could not see, by the way the lady placed my hand on the back of the chair to sit down. I showed her my guide dog card, though Waggatail was at home. I was shocked she did not need my passport, though we were told to bring it in? Then it came to Hubs turn. Oh that was funny?

She asked if he had his guide dog card, he looked down towards LC, and said,

“No card, but the real thing is on the floor?

She looked down and said,

“Oh, so she is? I did not see her there?”

“Who needs the disabled bus pass? Ha.

I mean, our LC, is as long as long can be, she is not exactly a Scotty?

The staff were really lovely though and we should have our passes in five days.

It is a lovely sunny day but very cold still? Really we are almost into May and it is freezing.

Oh all hell kicked off here last night, as teen announced he would have to rethink all of his studies at college? After his successful interview, after we have spent months saying he should do other studies, as there will be a lot of reading in the ones he has chosen? He hates reading?

Last night, he told us, the night before, Bunches’s Mother, told him the subjects he was taking were so called “Fluffy” subjects. Psychology? I understand the other subjects are, like sociology and philosophy, but even so, I would not dream of telling Bunches her subjects were fluffy?

So now we have a panic teen wondering what to do, as he will not take those any more…

He is taking I.T too so we shall see, but I am sick of the tension. I just wish he would pick a trade? He hates with a capital H, studying and reading.

He is going to a horse trial with Bunches and her Dad and he has cancelled a day of paint balling with friends to do this?

Oh he was really looking forward to doing that too?

He is also going to a huge fairground and shows with her and her dad, her Dad is very kindly paying for it? And of course, he is going with him again, to a music festival in the so called summer and staying overnight for two nights in a tent, with the Dad and Sister, also Sisters boyfriend.

An yet, he would not come out with us for a meal the other night with Bunches. We wanted to try to do something for them, because Bunches Mum is always giving Teen a lift also the Dad is very kind not only with his money, but he also picks teen up. They are really nice to him we just wanted to in our simple way, to try and be kind to her? But no way would they come out?

This really hurt us. Made us feel like freaks and believe me, it does not take much for me to feel like that?

Teen and I just can’t communicate right now. It really is like he is someone else. Hub says he is finished with him but I think he has been for a while to be honest. Because I so called stick up for hub, teen hates it? I am not sticking up for him, I am agreeing with what is in my opinion, the right way? I can’t do right for doing wrong.

I can’t wait for teen to grow up and get over this dreadful time of life.

A dear friend of mine, told me her Son did exactly the same and I know my step daughters have been like it for years. It is just the speed in which teen has changed that annoys me. He actually said last night, when he was going away from us, to go and talk to Bunches, as least, in his words, “she was more mature!”

Hub and I sat at the kitchen table in shock.

What have I created?

Right rant over for today, but, if you are going through the same? Don’t worry, you are not alone, and I have it from my friends with older children, they get over it? My Step daughter, the older one, , she was lovely the last time I saw her, she has had four years of pure evil behaviour, but last time I spent the day with her, she was an absolute pleasure. Please God, don’t let me have to wait four years? .

Oh I am starting to get excited about going to Oslo now. Scared but excited. I will take my laptop and tell you all about it when I am there but it is a couple of months away. Well, six weeks.

 xx

No comments: