translate

Tuesday 9 April 2013

The dog walk


Gosh, what a busy week and life I am living right now? Do I ever need a break? Answer, yes? Today, I guess yesterday, by the time you read this, I had the most unusual day? And today, I have loads planned too! So yesterday, by the time you read this, I got up early, saw Hub off abroad and tidied up the house. I went back to bed for just over an hour, then got up, showered, got dressed and ready for my new day.

What a story?

OMG? I do get myself into some bother? Again, the new me, is not telling all, sadly, that is not me not to tell everything, but I can’t, it basically, involves a few people, one a little tragic, but the long and short of it, I have met a very nice lady, who is prepared to walk two out of three of my dogs, with me. So she was to come today. It was rather  funny, there  she is in her socks and walking boots and me in my normal shoes and attire.

Well, she told me I looked like an angel and I joked with her telling her, I liked her and she didn’t need to crawl to me to get the job as my lovely dog walker? She had the job.

It was sunny and the warmth from the yellow stuff in the sky, kind of battled with the chill of the threat of snow, from a couple of days before.

We were to take Long Chops and Black beauty.

Poor Waggatail was to be left behind. Oh such a shame, as she is the youngest and needs to get her energy out of her system, but she is not allowed to go to our field, or she will drag me across the road to the park. She already tries and she has never been there before.

One day, if you remember, she took me across the road I had not realised until it was too late and there were cars coming at me from every angle?

The volunteer dog walker, Gil,  has a sports car and only is small, so cannot put a dog in. So LC and BB got their leads on and off we went.

Oh God, LC was a screaming nightmare? She cried all the way, I don’t know if it was because she was excited, or hurting because her neck was getting pulled off?

 You know when you carry a heavy  plastic bag, from the shops and it cuts your fingers? Well, that was what it was like for me. My fingers were red as LC pulled my arm off and she is a  big shepherd/retriever with  powerful lungs.

 BB has been trained to walk on the left as has LC, so that was hard being guided by Gil with her with BB on her left, me on her left and LC on my left?

Of course I could not use LC as a guide dog, as she is not mine, BB is retired so I needed Gil to guide?

We stood on the field and the  dogs enjoyed the freedom. Gil and I talked and she is a very interesting lady. We get on well and I can see her being a great friend.

Oh the things we spoke about were amazing. I love people like her, my Best friend is like that, we can talk about weight lifting, flower displays and  power points, as well as politics, groceries and football. History and future. We are both of a same mind with a twist, the twist being, we can be  so different. The things which make us best friends, is beyond our knowledge but also because we are both interested in each other and life.

Well, Gil has lived an continues to live. She for a hobby loves to paint. A hobby I can only dream of achieving. Though, when I was in the US some years ago, I told you about me painting a mirror with my American family? Ha.

I would love to be able to paint? To draw or anything to make a picture, I guess in the meanwhile, of waiting for a cure, I will paint my pictures in a form of words.

So Gil and I spoke about art, colours in which I am obsessed by and textures. Her houses in America and holidays in the Caribbean, Antigua, where Hub, teen and I went to some years ago.

Her love of animals and her interesting jobs.

So many things she said were of interest and fascination.

I am fascinated in how people’s minds work.

The dogs were exhausted. I shall tell you in my new rendition of Little Waggatail, “The dog who guided me!”

So the day went well and teen popped into town to buy new school uniform and shoes. I am truly shattered and have a vet to visit today and going to the shops with my Teen. Should be interesting?

As I write this, I am awaiting for Hub to inform me he is safe in the US.

He is a brave man, but he is travelling with a lady from France, she has travelled with him before, so I worry less about him, as I know he is not alone and being blind, is so stressful when you have taxi’s, trains, tubes and flights to catch, but with a sighted guide, it is half as stressful.

For me and Hub.

No doubt later, I will have a story from the vets and shops for you all?

xxx    

 

 

No comments: