translate

Wednesday 17 April 2013

MY PICTURE TO YOU

 
A PERFECT PICTURE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

A blank canvas is before me

What shall I paint?

A pauper or perhaps a saint

A seascape

Or a forest scene

An Egyptian Prince

Or an English Queen

A new born lamb skipping in the field

Or an old man working with steal

A minor standing next to the pit wheel

Or a fisherman looking weather beaten

Here I am in the south of France

Passing Paris full of romance

An yet I see/feel no inspiration

Though I am full of pure dedication

The sun is warm against my face

I am in the most perfect place

Fields of strawberries are growing

Magnolia branches are blowing

Tiny yellow birds sing to me

In their land of the sky so free

The grass is so green

I’m next to a stream

The salmon are leaping

This life is a dream

I’m eating fine cheese

Grateful for the gentle breeze

A relief from the heat

So much food to eat

Freshly baked bread

Funny little squirrels waiting to be fed

The combination of colours

From the squirrels of red

 To the beautiful wild flowers

Are simply divine

And guess what I paint

A bottle of wine

Funny how certain things can inspire you

Surrounded by all this beauty under a blanket of blue

An yet an empty tipped bottle

Lying next to a nettle

Is my picture for today

How much I have enjoyed telling you

In my own simple way

About a day in my life

And these words are so true

I am here to create for you

A picture to reflect your mind

To describe such wonderful art to the blind

To jump out to greet those who don’t hear

The sounds of the birds and the vast flowing weir

To give light to those who are unable to walk

To explain words to those who can’t talk

To be able to put a smile on a sad persons face

To wipe a bad memory not leaving a trace

I shall continue painting life for you my friend

Until I can no longer put paint on paper  

My gift I shall lend

Think of me as your waiter

Your nurse or doctor

Perhaps your best friend

Your sister or Mother

I am your servant

 Through colours I give

My life is for you

I want so much for you to live

No comments: