translate

Tuesday 9 April 2013

A DARK DAUGHTER AND DELIGHTFUL DAY


A very busy  Easter we have had. A sad goodbye to my lovely friend Julie today, she is my old friend from my home town. We are great friends and Hub really likes her too as does Teen! We had a lovely day in the town, looking around a wonderful shop with beautiful furniture. It was so good, to be able to know how much things were without feeling like a bother. Julie was great. I then bought some lovely make up and we had lunch. It was warm for a change and very sunny. We said bye to Julie and off to the station she went, we caught the bus home. We are exhausted after our Easter break.

On Friday we went to see our  friends the lady with the beautiful name, her daughter and her great Husband, whom hub and I really like. We had a lovely day, it is a couple of taxi’s and a couple of trains there and back, but well worth it.

We had a night out with Louis and his wife. Oh that was a huge story, but won’t go into it. We were picked up in their wonderful car. Louis is a great driver and provided us with loads of laughs in the evening. The restaurant was lovely apart from the food and service. Oh it was a most enjoyable evening. Hub and I have been to town a few times and the new village I spoke about.

One day we were to meet in the town, with my Hubs eldest daughter. Again I won’t go into the private details of all that, but it was an enjoyable day, following so many mixed emotions. We  met at the train station, then went to an art gallery. Oh that was so wonderful and it was nice to be with Hubs  daughter, I shall call her Jade for the sake of this blog. Jade is a very dark individual, she talks exactly like royalty. She kind of sticks out in a crowd for sure, not only in her language, but her sense of dress. She is very into vintage and is incredibly into very interesting subjects like art and Cathedrals. Architecture and antiques. Not what you would expect for a fifteen year old?

So when we went into the gallery, it was so lovely to see her appreciate the wonders which stood and lay before us?

The man who worked there/owned the place, kindly made our day an eventful one for sure?

He told us we could touch the sculptures and when we did, he explained the origin and how long they took to make and who they were made for where they were made, and how. So much more detail and he was so interesting and the best thing was we felt them, it was not a case of us standing around looking into space?  I felt the life-size Spaniel, that had his golden bronze fur, made  in such a way as though to look/appear wet, then ones imagination could go into Fi land.Fi make believe. Why did the lady who made the dog, think it should look wet and what did she think the dog had been doing to get wet, whilst she was imagining a wet Spaniel?

Did it get  caught in the rain? Had it got off its leash and escaped into the wonderful nearby river and had his swim? Or had he just had a bath, because he was a smelly dog?

There was a bronze horse in a pose as though he was galloping. When the lady made it, why was the horse running? Where to? Or, from whom?

There was a dancer, that was so lovely. She had fine and nimble fingers, her tiny hand pointed  up to the sky, she looked up to the sun and her dress  looked as though it was blowing up in the wind. She wore high heels and her hair was so neat to her head.

She had a cherub like face and she had an expression as though she was excited. Who put the skip in her heart to dance in such a way? Was she in a garden, street or stage? Her  dress looked as though it was blowing up with  the wind. So I thought she must be outside and she looked as though she was in love with life. I really loved it.

Then we went off to the Cathedral. I waited with LC an hub and Jade, went off to look around. There were some fine expeditions on display and we went into the shop to see what there was and I am pleased to say, Hub bought himself a CD and I bought Jade a lovely church mouse ornament, reading a him book, or a bible?

She loves mice. . .

We then passed a man in the cobbled street, playing a piano. He was rather good, as we left the Cathedral, we could hear voices singing a choir rehearsing for some performance. Locked away behind a door.

The sun  was out and the atmosphere was full of intrigue.

I asked Jade where  she wanted to go next, her answer?

“There is an antiques shop, I would love to see that please?”

Off we went and that was OK, but she and Hub loved it, Hub heard the clocks. We headed for that room. Eight foot clocks stood, telling stories of time gone by.

The room had that foist smell, of so many lives. So much history.

The deep tick, tick tock sounds rather eerily played their tones of words of wise old men.

The thick wood highly polished  with care, had been restored and gave off some vibes of another lifetime.

My Stolen Dad in the US, has a clock and I absolutely love it. Hub talks about it all the time and we both say one day I would love to write a story about it?

I think of a clock with a life, a  heart and soul. Why do we say “the clocks face?” face like a person. It has hands too. and long body, well the Grandfather clocks had.

If a clock could talk in a language we understood, what would the old ones tell us?

I do think deeply, I know, this is why I like to write.

We felt the old fabrics and my SD Jade, explained what was behind the glass.

She really enjoyed it I am sure, but, because of her dark deep persona, it was rather hard to know what really floated her boat to make her happy?

She is an old soul for sure but was quite lovely and peaceful to be with.

I hope my Hub enjoyed his day? I went for him, I wanted to be there for Jade. I hoped the day was a success?

SD Jade, left us with some cake she  made kissed us goodbye and off on the train she went.

    We have done so much more too and I have had a dreadful bout of influenza,  as has Hub. Bunches also has been infected but so far, touch wood, Teen is OK.

Hub and I have had a hard time of late with the trust of a friend, who I care so much for, and this is why I have not wanted to write on here, but I have been touched by your kind words and I have missed you all dreadfully. I am thinking about coming back, but, not in quite the same way.

I just hope you all come back to visit? x

No comments: