translate

Thursday 31 March 2016

MOTHERLAND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MOTHERLAND BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Walking through all the rubble

Sailing away from a land full of trouble

Onto a ship full of hope and glory

Time to start again

A new chapter of a true story

Salted blades

Water sprays

To the Lord we give praise

For he is guiding

Too long in hiding

We are almost free

The end of this misery

Smiles replace tears

 I can see

A future

A totally different culture

Will this be better for me?

No more fears

In absolute fright

Each night

All I want is to sleep in peace

Feel safe and warm

Not be among this hateful storm

Just waiting

Anticipating

I just want to know in the morning I awake

That it’s been a dreadful mistake

A nightmare

As the news we share

Of another loved one who has nowhere

No one

All alone

Gone

Forever

Stormy whether

We should stay together

An army

But not one at war

One that will   spread love

Under the same stars from above

We breathe the same air

We do care

But sadly we have to go

Where there are winters full of snow

But a beautiful meadow

Where we can walk without looking over our shoulder

Know our kids will get older

I wish I was bringing my daughter on this journey

If only I had warned her

Protected her more

But I couldn’t lock the door

As we had no walls

No roof above our head

Now our neighbours are all dead

We are the lucky ones

Goodbye old Motherland

I hope one day you, will be free

I can come back and plant a tree

In memory  We can return

No fires will burn

No bombs will blast

I hope this sadness and destruction won’t last

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: