translate

Thursday 17 March 2016

SHINE THE LIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SHINE THE LIGHT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It’s one in the morning

My household is snoring

Slumber land is calling

But I choose to ignore

Close the door

Time for me

 Sitting with my cup of tea

It’s so peaceful out of my window

My candle is a glow

Under the blanket of stars

Outside it’s cold enough to snow

I hear the words

So I guess an obsession

I feel the need to write

When there is no one around

Some strange expression

Where in my box of silence

I can reach a crowd

No need to speak allowed

I can hold my head up proud

Knowing that I write real from my heart

No loud words have left my mouth it shall never part

    An yet I talk to you

And you listen

Through pastures green

And mountains glisten

By a stream

Or your very own prison

Your warmth radiates

Whilst the wars abominate

We together can escape

The darkness we abliviate

Hiding under a metaphorical cape

Safe against the elements

Pictures so decadent

Searching for words so eloquent

Opening boxes

 Full of surprises

Wondering what is out there in the horizons

Asking for guidance

From those with diamonds

To souls lost to humanity

Living life fit for a queen

Or day by day charity

I reach you all

I hear you call

So on this silent night

Let’s all shine the light

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: