translate

Wednesday 2 March 2016

A DOGS TALE


My Guide dog is amazing, we have had our adventures that we were not meant to have, as I did with my last guide dog, but we seemed to have gotten over that now and here we are all sorted. She is my sight and my little hero. But here is another story about a dog that was born to help someone with Autism.

 

A nine year old little boy is autistic and relies on his black Labrador May, to keep him safe and calm. James doesn’t talk and flinches   from human touch and eye contact, but with May, things are different. He will curl up with May happily.

 

So James had to go to hospital for an MRI to  help diagnose his seizures, his Mother was really worried about him, but was relieved that May was allowed to company James on the visit and under general anaesthetic, May watched with great concern.

 

When the little boy is out and about, he has to be attached to May and if he starts to run near a  road, May will sit down and won’t move. Wow, dogs are just incredible.

 

I know this story is from New Zealand but I know personally when I gave a talk to a boy cub group, there was a little lad who was autistic and the lady said that in a few years that he had been coming to the group, he never spoke. Well, that wasn’t the case on that night. I wish his parents had been there. He was not only talking, but asking questions. And another thing, my Waggatail sat so calm, not at all wagging and jigging her little bottom with excitement. What is that all about? I guess it’s truly magical just like dolphins. There is so much still for us to learn about creatures and animals.

 

May will also alert James parents if he is about to have a fit. May will bark and wine. So beautiful and clever.

 

And another story, this time from New Zealand.

A dog shelter in Israel had a special visitor from a lady who loves dogs and wanted to give a dog a home, but couldn’t decide which one, so she ended up buying the entire shelter.

 

A spokesperson from Dog Tales rescue and sanctuary said that it was the worst shelter that they had ever seen.

 

More than 250 dogs were squeezed into a space suitable for seventy.

 

Dogs were fighting over a loaf of bread. There were more rats than dogs.

 

The Ontario sanctuary in Canada have rehomed 90 dogs in Israel and brought 25 back with them.  The goal is to bring back the remaining dogs to Canada

 

“I wish I could win the Lotto I know tonight where my money would go.” I am an animal lover but totally respect those who don’t just feel sad but react. Amazing people. Bless those selfless dogs. I’m sure that they will become so loyal and loving to humans even though it was humans who first treat them so badly. But I guess we humans, also saved those lovely animals. Thanks to people like this.

 

No comments: