translate

Monday 14 March 2016

FROM THE DARKNESS TO THE LIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FROM THE DARKNESS TO THE LIGHT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Eyes with a view

A picture of you

Things I must do

Through new sight from eyes of blue

These windows of mine

Have been closing over time

Darker and darker

Wanting vision sharper

But the net curtain came over

Made me a loner

And the lights went dim

The gap in curtain now thin

Then total closure

My life now opened for exposure

Vulnerable

In trouble

Fighting my way through all this rubble

Just needing a cuddle

Tears fall down my face

I don’t belong

I have no place

Left out in the cold

Seeing nothing not even bold

Was this what I was told?

Who by? Was it my choice before I came on earth?

At my birth

Did I pick this direction?

Why would I want this reaction?

Who made this happen to me?

Giving me eyes that did not see

Writing this verse

Can my sight ever be reversed?

Is this a play un rehearsed

As I don’t know my next lines

Will I ever be other than blind?

Why is life so unkind?

I want to see snow so pure

Trees so green

Will there be a cure?

To sit at the stream

And see the fish

A wish

Just to be free of the dark

To be able to without worry walk

I hope one day

I will look back at these words

And say

That was then I now, see the birds

And pray

What will I do today?

So much to see

Through my new eyes that can now see

I look in the mirror an old lady is looking back at me

Where has the young girl gone?

Does this person now belong?

I have the key

To set me free

To walk where ever

And smile for ever

To appreciate so much

I can see without touch

My new life I love so much

There is nothing I can’t do

My dream came true

But it took so long

At times I didn’t want to carry on

But so glad I did

As look at my life now

There are lines on my brow

But a smile in my heart

My curtains did part

And let in the world

I have a fortune not of gold

But all the sights I can hold

So many things to do

Places to go

My dream has come true

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: