translate

Friday 11 March 2016

RUSSIA WITH LOVE


Each time Russia comes up on the viewers stats, I think of those in Moscow who I once knew. Those I loved those who have a huge place in my heart and those I spent such wonderful times with. Some inspired me some took care of me and others challenged me. Where are they now? What are they doing? How have their lives changed since Perestroika? It’s a real shame Russia isn’t what it was way back in the eighties. It has been spoiled. Only older people will know this. The young won’t understand it. There is greed now in a country that was so full of generosity. Of course there were vile people who were not in my opinion the true Russians. The Motherland belonged to the normal person, not the wealthy who got their money from theft fear and cunning ways. The normal person on the street who had a heart of gold.

 

What does that hospital look like now? A place I suffered greatly but also received help for my eyes. Short lived for such pain, but lived it was.

 

What ever happened to those boys who used to stand outside of the Berioska the shops only for the foreigners? They would ask for chewing gum and in return give you beautiful badges. Who are they now?

 

The new Russians I don’t like. I miss my Russian friends. Times were so hard but we all stood together.

 

The mad fool who is in charge now is dangerous. I wish he would step down, but then, who?

No comments: