translate

Thursday 24 March 2016

DIARY OF EASTER AND THE PLANTS


 There is homemade bread in the oven. It smells delicious. We have homemade bean soup too and I’m for one starving after being denied electric for half the day smile. Even now, I’m not sure we are on properly. As they said they were going to sort out generators and it would be another six hours before we would be fully switched on.

 

Well when we heard the electric was back on via the TV box making that what is normally annoying sound until today when it was welcome.  I don’t know who moved the fastest to grab the kettle to put on a brew. Me or Hub. We were blooming freezing. The house had gone so cold. No electric no heating. I couldn’t even wash the bathrooms as we needed hot water. We were off for about three hours.

 

It’s rained all day too that makes you feel colder when you have to take the dogs out and you get wet. Oh that cup of tea was so needed. And now hot soup and bread. Yum. The house smells so homely.

 

Teen asked if he had an Easter egg for tomorrow. I told him he would have to wait to see if the Easter bunny had been. OK, he’s 19 now. And? Smile. I wanted to get some baskets so much like our friends bought us when we spent Easter at theirs some years ago. Oh the baskets our friends did were beautiful. We left them as they would have cost a fortune. They were full of goodies. We ate all that. It was the best Easter of my life. Spent with the best people I loved our time there. We went to the local church where wonderful Chuck gave his service then had a picnic afterwards then just spent the best time with our friends Derek, Mary jean and another who isn’t spoken about now. Smile….. I was the happiest I had been ever over Easter. We also went to Dollywood. Oh that was amazing. Stayed in a magnificent place. Enjoyed the entire park had to offer but most of all, we came home to our accommodation with the most wonderful people and in between I went girly shopping with my lovely friend Jean. Our friend Mary arranged a beautiful dinner for hub and myself we went to a restaurant and our friends took Teen to the circus. It was like a real family and a memory I will never forget. Just to be able to go out and know our Son was getting looked after. That was in the US a Easter far from the one we are having this year.

 

Teen has just gone out after all day at work. Coming in, going to bed for an hour. Eating dinner with us, going to the gym. Coming in, getting a shower and back out to an all-night in our town. I guess it will be five in the morning before I hear him….

 

Hub now putting all of our recycling out not a nice job. Bless him. He is in so much pain again had loads of pain killers today but they have not touched the agony he is in. It’s a bad one as from tonight he can’t talk. Down one side of his face he can’t move it. He has really bad pain around his eyes. I hate this when he hurts and there is nothing I can do. WE ordered a water pillow my lovely friend told me about. I hope this will help him sleep. One good thing, if it’s a rubbish pillow, we will have such a laugh with it I’m sure.

 

Talking of laugh. The shop LUSH is selling a massage soap that customers have reported that its growing plants in their showers. Hahahahaha. Well the company do use fresh seeds etc.

 

And finally a Easter warning. If I knew this before I bought some, I wouldn’t have bothered buying. Cadburys have stopped putting Easter on their eggs. In case to offend other religions. I mean, I wonder if other religions really would complain?

 

OK going to do some housework as this is the time of night I come alive. Xx

 

No comments: