translate

Friday 11 March 2016

JUST BEFORE BED


Part one of this blog now part two at the bottom. It’s a glorious sunny day my friend and I are about to meet up. Waggatail will be tested this afternoon as we are going to a very busy shop and she hates noise. Tomorrow she will be working too. And Sunday. She won’t know what has hit the country bumpkin this weekend.  Mind you, neither will her Mummy…..

 

Hope you are all well and have a lovely weekend. Are you doing anything different this weekend? I have done the same thing every weekend apart from one for the past three months so I hope this one will be different. Most important thing is I’m seeing Julie.

 

Hub sounded more cheerful on the phone today so I hope he is feeling better. He called me as we have to remember to phone our dog walking lady to cancel.  I haven’t told the dogs yet or they will have the face on…..

 

Part two….

That was then this is now. Had lovely day with our friend. Bless her she gave me my birthday gift. This is the first time I have seen her since my birthday. Gosh I’m not kidding; I received the most delicious chocolates I have ever had. Wouza. They are truffles, with strawberries and cream. In a very fancy box there are only about nine in and they are really really expensive. And each chocolate tastes expensive too. But pure luxury. I allowed Hub one, only one, then he took another…. Teen had one and now they are hidden. I could have eaten them all in one go. There are three left. Some people see double, I wish I could taste double? Smile….

 

She also bought me some very posh shower products. Gosh I feel spoiled bless her and she isn’t wealthy she spent too much. Just to see her is a fantastic gift.

 

A lovely day tomorrow not sure what we will be doing perhaps the cinema?

 

Found out today some sad news about a friend who is hurting right now. So though I am happy with my lovely friend, I feel for her. But I know she will be OK just how to tell her this?

 

Teen had a great day too. In fact his day is still going on at almost midnight. Where is he? Not sure. Who with? Not sure. It’s rather funny, when I go anywhere he has to know where and who with, if I ask, no information…. Not always anyway. I know he has some time off work over the next couple of days. He is going to really enjoy it as he should. I think he will need a wrest after five mornings waking up for work at four.

 

OK my review on our dog toy we bought from Amazon. We paid £22 for a, Nina Ottosson son dog finder activity toy.

 

It’s a tough plastic square tray with holes like a huge ice cube tray and in the holes are plastic bones that are hollow where you are to put dog treats in. The aim of the game is to get your dog to slide the bones to reveal where their treats are. I thought when I read the description that there would be some kinds of game plan to release the biscuits. Nope, Our Little Fella picked the bones out ate the sweet then Mummy and Daddy play hunt the plastic bone to put back. Wagga did slide the bones but no matter how much you slide them, no treat will come out. You have to pick them up to get the treat out. If we are doing this wrong, then I will get teen to read the instructions and hopefully we will learn the right way. If it’s as I suspect, it’s a load of rubbish. I hope I’m wrong. Will let you know as it sounded great on the review. I mean, it said you can set different levels? It looks too simple for that.

 

I must read more into this but Hub was talking tonight about some microphone they put deep into the ocean. I think he said it went seventeen thousand feet down. And there were sounds that have never been heard before which are baffling scientists. As I said I no nothing about this but will look into it and let you know what I find. I love subjects like that. We spoke about earth below the sea. Is there another land? If not why? If we go down so far we would die and submarines would explode. We can go to the moon allegedly but not below the sea bed. I love the ideas of other worlds.

 

Hub trying to sort out a date to get a leg wax for charity for his name a guide dog pup Suki after our darling dog AKA Long Chops. It’s like arranging a meeting with the queen. He was meant to get it done last week but he had to work away and it has to match up with the person doing the stripping….. Hahhhahaah. Sorry waxing. It’s too weird.

 

OK some words just before bed.

Being a parent is giving our kids two things. Roots and wings.  Keeping a balance between both things is the hardest job of all. Misconceptions and unreasonable beliefs we endow our children with are rusty tools and as all that’s covertly damaging they tend to stay.

 

So, what not to say to your child?

  1. you are a little too young for that.
    Hmm. It’s rather obvious children think they are old enough and know enough. In fact they know more than we do as parents as “Things have changed since you were young Mum.” And “It’s not like that anymore Mum.” Are just some of the things that our kids will tell us.
     2. lower your expectations. Gosh that will knock their confidents. Tell them they can achieve anything as long as they watch out for obstacles and stop to think how they will avoid them in a safe way.
     
    3 You are wasting your time. Well, time is what your child should have. Lots of it. My Son has done great in the work place but he is so serious for such young shoulders. So a little waste is OK you spend all your adult life doing the same thing day in day out. I would tell a young person to work at lots of different jobs I mean, it’s good for your CV as you have lots of experience. If you stick to one job, you don’t have much to tell the next place of employment.
     
    5. I will do that for you.
     By telling your child that, is not going to teach them many skills. What will they do when that day comes when they have to do it alone? They need to obtain skills and practical knowledge for themselves.
     
     6. You are too good for them. Well, I used to tell my teen this when he was dating a thing from his past. He was too good for her, miles too good. Better looking kinder more generous and came from a much better class of family, when I talk of class, I don’t mean money. I don’t believe money means class. I define class as how you are brought up, how you speak of others treat other people and how you can walk into a room and own it. That is class. Having dirty money and walking over people to get it is trash. But our kids are going to pick their choice not ours sadly. Gosh, I would love to pick the future partners for our three. To be fair I think our youngest has it right but the other two?  Let’s see in years to come what they will end up with… As our youngest is only 16. But she has a lovely boyfriend. He treats her well. I know they are young as is our other and our eldest Son. We can try to guide them but the more we tell them their choice is wrong the more they will date that wrong person. Some say that you have to try the bad ones to appreciate the good one when he/she comes along.
     
    It’s difficult having one child as you don’t know what to do. If you have two, you practice on the first one and perfect the second. Hahah. All my friends with two kids now will be laughing thinking no. Not true, but it is as Hub has watched me struggle with teen and now with his girls he is learning and says he won’t do that as it didn’t do me any good with our Teen. So he does treat the girls different.
      
    OK I must sleep now. Teen still out he I suspect will be until early hours. He has his car so I do worry. I say I must sleep. I will go to bed but stay awake till I know he is home. To relax is in my opinion not to care. And I care. X

No comments: