translate

Friday 25 March 2016

DIARY OF THE BUNNY AND CHICK


Good afternoon. Well as we woke this morning I had to get in contact with the Easter chick and bunny smile to see if we were going to be left anything this year? There are a lot of children who read my blog so I hope you all got lucky and received something this year? Or is it too early as Hub said we should not have received anything till Easter Sunday. Oopsie. Well, I love animals and if I can make it easy for them by letting them deliver here so they are not too busy on Sunday, so be it…. Chocolate, bring it on.

 

I must say, the Easter bunny and chick are rather advanced when it comes to technology these days? Teen received his messages via text. And the cheeky bunny and chick had the nerve to use my phone. Making the text look like they were from me? Teen is very good at pacifying his mad Mum. Haha.  

 

He received his chocolate and two odd gifts for Easter. A lip balm and a car air freshener. Oddly what I bought for Christmas that I couldn’t find at the time but the bunny is very good at detective work and he knew that they were hiding in Hubs drawer in our bedroom. Shame we didn’t have that Easter bunny at Christmas, right kids?

 

 We are very full now as teen escaped; sorry went to collect fish & chips. It must be a northern thing as no one around here knew what we were talking about when we said we were going to have fish & chips for lunch. Why? Because it’s tradition you don’t eat meat on a Good Friday. I will tell you what, I gave teen some money, Hub said Fiona you will need more than that, and I was like, what? I’m not having fish, just peas. Mushy ones with my chips. Anyway gave teen £20 and we got £2 change. £18 for two fish and chips one chips with peas? Oh my word. I remember the days when it was about £8 for the same and I’m talking the year we moved here about five years ago almost. No joke. Anyway we are very full now.

 

I can’t believe no one even does boiled eggs? Again, I know the chick’s deliver those, but I was told how to replica those by my Mum and this is how. Take your eggs; put them in the pan, still with  shell on, pan of onion peels and boiling water with salt. Boil till hard and then drain taking them out of the pan of peel and water and glazing them with butter and polish with paper towel and place in dish they look beautiful shiny like marble. If you can use red onion skins even better.

 

As for Easter TV, gosh, there is nothing on. It’s like a normal Friday Good Friday used to be special nationally. Well, it is in our house. And the best bit is, Teen said he would do the same with his child. Tradition is full of good memories and makes parenting even more important and special. Otherwise Easter will be about eating chocolate and no discussion what the egg represents. It’s said that it represents the rolling away of the stone from the tomb but there are other suggestions.

 

     Just read my emails from mine and Hubs joint mail. He received an email that made me smile. It went something like this, saying Hubs name followed by...”Why not enhance your curves with our innovative underwear.” hahahaha

 

A chill day for sure and tonight we are all gathering around the telly watching our latest dramas. No doubt eating an egg. Tonight may be the first time in almost a month I will be eating after 7pm.   Well it’s Easter only once a year, right? Xx Ps, good job I’m exhausted with chasing those chicks and long eared cheeky bunnies.

No comments: