translate

Saturday 26 March 2016

DIARY OF THE CONFESSIONAL BOX


Good afternoon Bloggets. I hope I find you well? Hub got up really early to catch a bus to our town. I was meant to go with him but I couldn’t find the strength to do so. He had to go in early for the little fella to do his best work. He also had a haircut appointment. I needed so badly my fringe cut, but looks like it will be the parcel scissors and the blind hair dressers. Smile.  

 

He said the town was packed it is Easter weekend and there is a lot going on. I wish we could do what others are as there is a huge Easter market and lots of fun stuff. But one day, if my dream comes true and sight is restored then I will be out every Easter, Christmas and other festivals enjoying the festivities. Open markets are a nightmare if you can’t see. And they are all over the place not just down one street or in a square. I told Hub not to attempt the bank as they put stalls and speakers and so on in the oddest places. If you can see you can go around them but if not and the only route you know is the one where the stalls are, or band is playing, you face a challenge.

 

I went to our local shop to get some bits and bobs. Wagga was delighted. She loves tootling along our avenues of all sorts.

 

It was quite windy but not enough to bother me today. I hate it when we can’t hear for the wind. Anyway back home and about to cook with Hub a feast for Easter.

 

It’s so cold out there but nice and toasty in here. Our dogs are shattered. Poor Little Fella, bless him, he works so well, but is satisfied with a morning of work where as our LC would work all day every day.

 

Hub right now listening to the football on the radio drinking coffee eating chocolate. Teen at work but off tomorrow so that means tonight he will be out till tomorrow. God help us. Then he is working for a few days then his first holiday begins with his pals. Then God help only me. My nails won’t get any shorter.

 

Take care Bloggets and talk soon, but before I go, a joke sent in by a dear friend and Blogget.

 I went into the confessional box after years of being away from the church. Inside I found a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap, on one wall there’s a row of decanters with fine Irish whisky and Waterford crystal glasses. On another wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

 

Then the Priest came in and I said to him.

“Father forgive me, it’s been a very long time since I have been to confession, but I must admit the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be.”

 

The Priest replied.

“You moron, you’re on my side.”

No comments: