translate

Monday 21 March 2016

JUST BEFORE BED WITH A BANANA


 Just before bed some words whilst you may be sipping on your bedtime tipple. Are your doors all locked and are you all cosy? Breathe and relax. Whatever has gone on in your day, time to put that to bed now and time for you to treat yourself to some gentle relaxations. Your body needs to recover from what may have been a stressful day full of events may be one thing occurred that you really didn’t like that made you feel sad or anxious. Well, go deep into your head and soul and lift that bad feeling out and put it to one side. This is your time. Your peaceful place a palace of perfect pathways that will lead you to the right answers and directions of life.

 

Learning to ignore troubles is a great way to finding inner peace.  “There is more to life than increasing its speed” (Mahatma Gandhi) When we are unable to find tranquillity within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere is another quote I remember but not who by.  It’s true though if you think about it?   

 

Trying to sleep is to some a challenge. And I include myself with that. So what do you do to wipe out all the thoughts of the day and wind down? Me, I design houses. Smile. I know that is so crazy. Oh but they are so lovely. And I go into such fine detail. I have done this since a child. My imagination  is and always has been so active.

 

Some people imagine beautiful fragrances before bed. Like lilac, Christmas trees or rose buds. And for some you listen to music. But it has to be music that won’t remind you of a sad event.

 

Just before bed make sure your bedding is comfortable. Gosh that is a topic in our house. Pillows. We have spent a lot of money on them, a little and in between. We have had feather pillows and that memory foam. I used to say that my memory foam pillow suffered from Alzheimer’s, as it never remembered anything about my head…. I also leave a window open just a small amount. And if you can turn off all your phones. I know this day and age we wake up to our mobile phones but we may have early risers or late to bed pals and we are either drifting or in a deep sleep when that tinny tone tangles with our sleeping pattern.

 

Night time is when we can have aspirations. Whatever is in our minds, can come true in a dream or thought. We can make our very own movie. As long as it’s a calm one that will make us drift off. Listen to the ocean or a rippling river. Waterfall or leaves blowing. Our imaginations are a very good gift if we can turn off all what we have collected over that day and before. If only we were like a radio. With a huge button to turn us down.

 

It’s said that if you have a hot drink it has diuretics which will make you sleep but just a couple of hours later you will have to go to the toilet. Interrupting your sleep. The best thing to have before bed is a glass of milk and a banana it’s scientifically proven.

 

On that note, I will go to the land of slumber and hope to sleep thanking my maker for all I have. Most of all I can sleep safely. With love night night. X

No comments: